Nerve damage and bruising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praps there's a misunderstanding....
I'd say the bruising is caused by your blood thinners in both cases...
And your first example I think just shows the big problem:
Blood clotting together with plaque etc. causes thrombosis, so the blood needs to be thinned for that,
but the thinners cause other big problems, like bruises & bleeding due to the blood getting out of the vessels too easily.
So our blood then is too thick (still clotting) and too thin (already bleeding & bruises etc.) at the same time.
The docs need to balance the least damage in either direction.
And the blood may still be clotting too much, but the thinners already causing bruises.
Then it's not the clotting causing bruises, altho it's present at the same time as the thinning.
Isn't that how it works?

You're right about the clotting & tanners causing bruises & bleeding. However, in my reply to the original post, I explained they should check with her doctor & the medications they're on to see if it could cause the bruises. I also said that if they're taking Vitamin K that definitely cause bruises. But I forgot that they stay away from foods that have a lot of Vitamin K in it. Hopefully, I've unconfused you!!

Hopefully, I've unconfused you!!
Hehe, almost.... Meds: agreed, all along... But....
Vitamin K might still be a misunderstanding, I myself hadn't sorted it out properly above I think:
Not having enough Vitamin K causes bruising, so we'd need more of it. (Both types K1 and K2 are related.)
Good explanation by a cardiologist: drjohnday 9-signs-you-may-have-vitamin-k2-deficiency. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables, he says.
He days taking it as a supp can easily overdose it, but toxicity is unknown, because it isn't stored, so expelled.
In several new studies like this one from 2021 "Vitamin K2—a neglected player in cardiovascular health: a narrative review"
(Ariri et al. USA/NL) it is recommended to supplement and FDA-proven as safe.
(K2 is recommended together with D3 if we need more vit. D, that's what I'm using it for.)

Last edited:
Well, usually when my blood is too thin, my doctor tells me not to take Vitamin K, green leafy vegetables and foods with higher amounts of Vitamin K.

Well, usually when my blood is too thin, my doctor tells me not to take Vitamin K, green leafy vegetables and foods with higher amounts of Vitamin K.
OK, now it's your doc confusing me :D 🤪as everything I find says K thickens blood. BUT: looking as always for the sense in apparent no(n)sense, I'm pretty sure that the problem is that as in any supplements and foods, additional vitamin K will come in varying amounts, as the supplements and food don't have standardized amounts in them. And to stop it interfering with your blood thinner (cf. "healthfully" about "protime").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back