Not open for further replies.

Jennine

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
UK
Need someone to talk to I'm so worried I was diagnosed last year with neuralgia but it's got so much worse I went for a massage 2 weeks ago and now I'm getting muscle cramps and weakness in arms and legs and worry it's something more serious was in hospital 10hours the other day as was in so much pain they did a scan on my legs and found nothing.
Do other people experience this. Whole body is aching and pins and needles and feels like certain areas are swelling and bulging veins.
Really feeling stressed

Hi Jennine,

That sounds really horrid - I'm so sorry you're going through all of that! There have been quite a few discussions here on the forum of neuralgia-type symptoms, similar to everything you've described. What made your doctors distinguish your pain as neuralgia, as opposed to fibromyalgia pain?

I had the swelling type symptoms, which I chalked up as oedema, and found relief for with a boswellia supplement.

I can't really advise on the neuralgia as I'm no doctor, but is it possible that you're in a really bad fibro flare that is being exacerbated by stress and worry? If your doctors can't find anything wrong to address, I'd perhaps try coming at this from the angle of trying to pull yourself out of a stress state to see if it helps your symptoms ease up. For me, that would look like going into major self-care mode, with a lot of breathing exercises, meditation, on-point nutrition and a lot of rest for an intensive period (as far as life allows). Have a Google and read up on the sympathetic/parasympathetic nervous systems, and the work Paul Gilbert, PhD did on the Threat, Drive, and Soothe systems - his ideas helped me massively.

I know that probably sounds fairly useless in the face of so much pain, but it's amazing how much it can help us to get the aspects of our body chemistry that we can influence back under control. In the meantime, perhaps someone else will offer some good advice on neuralgia or another insight on what you're experiencing, and you can keep digging on your symptoms. I really hope you feel better soon 🌷

I can't offer advise, but I get neuralgia in my arms like you describe. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia recently. My arms tingle and go to sleep. This happens from my fingers to my shoulders. The tingling moves, too. I've started dropping things from the weakness. It sucks, and I'm sorry your experiencing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back