Neuro suspects Fibro, complicated because of whiplash/PCS from car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can and obviously this is not the right medication for you.

Hi Toni, if you have chronic widespread pain and no source for it has been found, you may indeed have FM.

When you mention your lower back, though, I am thinking you might want to have someone take a close look at that area. You might have degenerated discs or some other specific back issue that you should know about. this doesn't mean you do or don't have FM, of course. But I have degenerative disc disease in my lower back, and it's a good thing that I am aware of this because it means I have to be more careful how I move, how I bend, how I pick up everything even if it is lightweight, what kinds of exercise I can do and how, and other things. For me, it's not going to get better, but I can possibly slow down the degeneration. Not saying you have this, but I encourage you to look into it in case. The more information we have about what is for sure going on with our bodies, the better care we can take of ourselves.
Thank you sunkacola,
With the meds I'm taking, I don't notice the back issue unless I have to stoop or bend, I'm wrecked this eve as down help in work, hoisitng children etc.

Codipar is working well with the amitriptyline also at night.

Thank you,

I'll keep my Dr informed of my back issues, when I'm due for renewal of prescription.
TIA

Hi,
Wow. I’ve experiencing and experiencing almost the exact as you have written, with a bit of variation.
Id had a very traumatic few years (this was 9/10 years ago now).
I started having extreme tingling pain in the base of my neck going up into my skull. I felt so odd and unstable I was scared to take my baby Grandchild out Incase I flaked out. Then pretty much all what you have described.
Then one day I had a complete collapse and couldn’t use my arms, legs, hand p, even living my head was difficult. Came on very suddenly.
Four days in a Neuro ward. They didn’t do much, just monitored me. Got to the point of my needing to go home as I couldn’t get any sleep as my bed was next to another patients very loud medical machine. I went home able to sustain very little, just left to get on with it. If
felt very unwell, weak and worried.
My gp decided to do full bloods to find my adrenal bloods were dangerously low!
The Neurologists told me it ps Functional Disorder, as you were told.
Also been diagnosed with ME/CFS, Fibro, atrophied thyroid, cervical disc problems, IBS, GERD, Arthritis, Ulcerated Cholitis, Chronic Tinitus , Costochondritis, pituitary adenoma...the list goes on.
Since then I’ve had so many medical scans, blood tests and checks it’s crazy.
I always said a lot of my issues were hormone related and my cervical spine issues.
I keep suffering extremely low folate levels (Anaemia). Meds for do help somewhat.
One of the problems with above is all these ailments, many of which do go together with many conditions. Consultants only seem to look at the one issue and not consider all meaning I go around in circles (for years).
Id always worked but lost my job due to illness, have moved to more suitable home, and generally restricted, so obviously life changing and extremely frustrating.
We sound very similar tbh.
I have to say my Neuro never did full hormone , adrenal etc bloods, no head mri and there was a definite feeling of they didn’t know what was up so went down the mental health option pretty damn fast. Had they of done full tests the pin I would of had more confidence in them.
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back