New and confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, loosing elasticity! that is the word i needed... just could not think of it.

and yeah, the eyebrows are thinner, lashes too.. and the hair is thinning as well.. I used to have such thick hair.. a standard pony tail holder could only go around twice if new.. 3 times if stretched well (before breaking that is) now i can do them 4-5 times around :cry:

i hit menopause a couple years ago, and it was rough (for me)... I feel for you, Shel.. hang in there, tho.. it does get better.

Do you think the brows/lashes is menopause or autoimmune related?

Shel the eyebrow/eyelash thing happened to me too (so much so they were barely there) but they started growing a bit after thyroxine and I'm taking hair nail and skin supplements I picked up at the health shop they're making a difference (I have wondered if fibro affects muscles too as in muscle loss, can't find much on that though) I use hydrating tissue.masks on my face sometimes as my skin can get a bit dry (plus it's a nice treat for it,) I might start drinking smoothies again clear my skin (try + wake me up a bit more from this drowsyness) 🥑🍓🥦🥬🥤

Last edited:
Do you think the brows/lashes is menopause or autoimmune related?
honestly, not sure. there are plenty of autoimmune things that could cause it, and menopause can, too, stress can also cause it, or so i have heard..

my brows have started to come back a bit.. hoping the hair loss is just one of those "every so often it happens" it kind of things, but it just seems kind of excessive to me right now... or maybe.... just looked it up.. hair loss is a less common side effect of the sertraline... hmmm.

Didn't know serialise did that, boy am I learning things today! 🌟 ⭐💫

I have wondered if fibro affects muscles too as in muscle loss, can't find much on that though)
Do you have fatigue in your muscles?

I stopped being able to feel my muscles when fibro first started. Instead, felt like lead was in them...Before I was a super-athlete, legs like a gymnast but bigger quads, 6 pack, arms were never as well-developed but they were toned...now? I wish 😔.

(I have wondered if fibro affects muscles too as in muscle loss, can't find much on that though
I stopped being able to feel my muscles when fibro first started
I haven't had this effect, most of my muscles are still fully there, can still do full push-ups 💪 but 0 pull-ups, and I can't activate them on bad days, but I can again on good energy days. Edit: Up until MCAS I also often had energy bursts of up to 3 minutes and learnt to control that without backlashes or sore muscles. Carrying stuff with breaks was also possible for a short time. This week my Chinese acupuncture seems to have got these energy bursts back - after 9 months without.... 🥳
Many clever people say it's not directly the muscles, it's the forced sedentary life.
Goebel's 2021 "autoimmune" mouse study however did look for and find muscular weakness of paw grip (caused by antibodies being transferred from fibromites to the mice, making them partly sort of fibromite mice).
(Again there are times my wife has to open lids for me, other times like now when that's no problem at all. So the "lack of energy" to me is no actual "weakness", altho it feels it, and is part of a flare up - which can be months, of course.)

So sweetkamie can you at least flex your muscles and feel them like that, like me?
And it sounds like you're sure your muscle problems aren't sedentary?
In those cases I'd think your type of fibro fits to Goebel's mice, so praps different subgroup to mine?

Last edited:
Many clever people say it's not directly the muscles, it's the forced sedentary life.
This would be my assumption as well.
Which is why I always advise that no matter what, you get out and do some kind of exercise every single day, and try to build up to more as time goes by. The phrase "use it or lose it" is all too true, and becomes more and more true as a person gets older.

The phrase "use it or lose it" is all too true, and becomes more and more true as a person gets older.
This would probably also be true for me additionally, just I never never succumb (drives my wife crazy sometimes how stubborn I am to get my shoes and trousers off and on alone, usually standing, however long it takes....)

Do you have fatigue in your muscles?

I stopped being able to feel my muscles when fibro first started. Instead, felt like lead was in them...Before I was a super-athlete, legs like a gymnast but bigger quads, 6 pack, arms were never as well-developed but they were toned...now? I wish 😔.
My muscle fatigue only happens in physical activity (I understand the lead feeling, good way of explaining it) wow the repercussions of fibro are massive aren't they 😞

We've got different sub groups? (I've learned another new thing about fibro now) Imma call you Jayc-muscles from now on 😃

Yes, do tell more about subgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back