Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
PA
Hello! I was diagnosed last year with FM. I have had ongoing symptoms for the last 3 years. I am 48 years old, I have 2 grown daughters and a very understanding husband. Yet, I still feel a bit crazy. It's not that others don't understand my FM, it's that I don't understand it. Sometimes I feel that I could deal with the pain, but the anxiety is what keeps me from living my life to the fullest. Every time the pain shows up in a new location, my anxiety gets worse and I think that I have some life threatening illness. Ugh! I'm just tired of feeling like this and hope that by joining this group, I can find others that share my struggles.

Good Morning ratty!

You will find lots of comfort here. I am fairly new to this as well and I am still amazed that I can come on here and talk about a symptom and low and behold...people know what I'm talking about. It's a certain comfort, especially when the anxiety takes over. I have been going through the same thing. I will feel yet another symptom and think "this is it, I'm dying" and then the anxiety goes through the roof causing a domino through the body.

Also, when something new comes and I get anxious, I try to remind myself that this is all coming from the central ervous system.. which controls everything.

I have a new issue that I'm going to post about after this post... my throat feels like I'm wearing a choker necklace and that I might suffocate any moment. I was anxious all day yesterday. If I tilt my head anywhere down from the straight ahead position, it feels like my throat will close.

I wish you comfort and hope. xo

Welcome welcome! Sounds like your off on a Great start! Happy happy happy rejoice that your family is supportive! You will find no judgement here.

Thanks for the support. A few months ago, I was having an issue with my throat. It was weird, but when I was eating, I would forget how to swallow! I hope your throat isn't just another crazy symptom that you will have to worry about.

Thanks! I really need to be able to talk to others that have fm.

The never ending pain and other symptoms that move around and change all the time is enough to cause the most stable person anxiety.

It's not like we can get a handle on say a bad back or a painful leg and adjust to our new situation ...ours is not stop changes hour by hour....and we look just fine to boot.

Hello I was diagnosed in May of this year but believe I was having onset of FM for almost a year now. I was thin my whole life but the last 20 years I let my self go and gained almost 100 pounds. I started a weight loss group at my gym changed my eating habits and I have lost 92 pounds during this time It started with leg pain which I thought was ITband syndrome but then it moved into my arms hands shoulders back and knees and feet. Went to several doctors finally to a rheumatologist she did several blood test and a nerve conductor test just to rule out everything else. The Bright side it's not an autoimmune and I do have more better days then not but never pain free learning to just do the best I can I know if I don't get up and go do some exercise its way worse. Doctor put me on cymbalta and flexeril at night when needed just started on the meds so no relieve yet. I glad there is a place to come and talk to other people that are going through the same thing. Wishing everyone a great day do what you can stay structured get out and take a walk. Do a small project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back