Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
CA
State
ON
:(Hi. My name is Amanda and I am new to a support site. I was diagnosed about a year ago but have had major pain and fatigue for the last month to the point that I cannot function. So frustrated and stressed at not being able to even go to work as I am a Personal Support Worker and the energy level is not there to cope. Any suggestions. I need help!

Amanda,
welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you start reading the posts in the pain and fatigue topic sections, as well as, check out the alternative method section as well. There may be some coping skills there that you have not yet tried and some other ideas on using household items to help you get a better nights sleep and be able to deal with the stress and sadness, in not being able to work.

Rest is very important, in getting a good nights sleep. If you have a bath tub soak in warm water and a cup of epson salts before going to bed. Look for a cotton fiber or feather, or foam mattress pad that is 3-4 inches thick to lay on top of your regular mattresses to help cushion your hips and back, and legs, so that you can relax your muscles enough to be able to sleep.

Do not multi-task anymore, only do what you easily can then rest before doing more. Try watching humorous movies or reading books, doing a craft or taking a slow walk to enjoy nature. Be patient with yourself and know we are a very supportive forum. So come and vent on those bad days, there is a spot for that, and we will try and make you smile again or a least not feel so alone in dealing with fibro.

Hope to see more posts from you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back