DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
falkirk
New on here and looking for someone to talk to

welcome! how can i help you. feel free to friend me and private msg me if you want.
we are all here to help or listen.. tell us about yourself.

Still trying to get the hang of this I haven't done online forums for years that's great that I can talk because I really need people to talk to and my family don't understand How are you feeling today? X

i just sent you a friend request. today is not a good day for me and im back on the walker again. but im trying to keep my mind off that as it only stresses me out and increases the pain. you know what i mean.
so tell me. how long have you had fibro. how are you coping with it? male or female? age?

I'm female and I'm 33 I was diagnosed 2 years ago but my new Dr thinks I've had it longer than that as our family Dr kept dissmissing the pain as pain because I was fat she never did anything about it but when I movedbhere lost 8 stone and the pains tripled my new Dr knew what it was I fell and hurt my hip so I'm back on my stick this week I've spent most of today in bed because I over did it yesterday do you ever get that

oh yes. over doing it on a low pain day is usual for all of us here. for me i over do it even on high pain days. you see i dont let my pain stop me from doing anything. might be why my pain never stops. i go fishing a few times a week. i play poker most every night, unless im crying to bad. most folks that play with me have seen me cry and have gotten used to it. i cook every day even though the stainless steel sink shocks my back the whole time. brings me to tears. my wife cant decide on what counter tops so i suffer. cant make up a woman's mind for her. she travels to NY alot so it's no rush to her. sometimes i think it just so she can get back at me for making her cry.. lol

ya just cant let this pain get you down. same with the doctors. BTW male 52 had fibro for a very long time even before i was diagnosed.

Not like I own this place but hey!
Bittersweet but just the same, I think you will find this a great place of encouragement.
It's nice to know we're not alone.
Hope you have family and friends that understand or are sympathetic, Fibromyalgia is a really odd illness.
For myself......this place is a source of comfort and encouragement.
Sending positive vibes!

The pain I can deal with I'm used to being in pain it's the fatigue that's kicking the arse out of me just now I can get exhausted just eating my dinner sometimes I don't eat for just that fact and as for the kitchen I completely understand I've been in my new house nearly 2 years and I'm only just getting around to getting my kitchen sorted lol not that anyone likes my colour skeam lol I'm a single mum so I have no choice but to get up get out of bed and get on with life xx

tiggeriffic18562,
Hi and welcome to the forum. Your going to find that all of us have a lot in common with this crazy fibro. The pain is what it is, we grit our teeth and plow ahead hoping we can get through our days, but I do understand how the fatigue can rule your life making all movements a chore. i remember having weakness so bad that my arms and legs refused to work. And lots of days spent in bed to fatigued to get up.

It must be extra tough for you being a single mom and trying to have a normal life with little success. I hope you will find the forum uplifting and a place where you can make friends and know that we all understand. All the members here try to be very supportive and offer words of hope and encouragement, on those days you might want to scream and throw in the towel. Please know you can vent here when you need to and also ask questions about medications or anything that comes to mind.

Also please join in on the many conversations around the forum and had your opinions and advice, and hints on ways you cope with fibro. each of us on our own have had to find ways to deal with the many symptoms of fibro and so now you can help us, while we help you. Hope to see you around the forum and I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back