Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
01/1992
Country
US
State
MI
Hi, I am new here. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 1992 along with back pain after an accident. My Dr has recently said I need to talk to someone about my pain so, I thought this would be a good place to start. We all have some of the same problems and understand what we are going through. I was on pain meds but have stopped taking them, with doctors knowledge because I felt they were doing nothing for me anymore and I just didn't want them in my body anymore. I now do stretches, over the counter meds and trying to loose weight and breathing exercise and it does help for the light pain days but for the continuing and long bouts it is not much help. I use to be on a forum years ago and it did help to talk to others especially on the nights the pain was so bad. I also suffer from spinal stenosis and osteoporosis. It is harder now that I am older....it has taken away a lot of my life and no longer able to do the things I loved to do but, I keep on pushing and learn to do the things that I can and new ways to do them. I just get depressed sometimes with the pain and feeling left out of things. Unless you experience Fibro and chronic pain you have no idea what I go through and it is different for all of us. Well, thank you for letting me vent here and I hope all of you have wonderful afternoon and look forward to hearing from some of you.

Hi catnel,

We do understand, and you can "talk" to us any time.
To me, it sounds as if you are a strong person and a sensible one as well. You are doing what you can to manage the fibro and you are finding things that help you instead of giving up, so you deserve a lot of respect for that.

It's understandable that it is depressing at times for anyone. I am a person who has had chronic depression almost all my life and believe me, I understand depression and how that can be debilitating to a person. And then on top of a chronic pain condition...!
So, know that you are not alone and won't be alone as long as you come here. We are all here to help each other and support each other and I am glad you came here.

Thank you. I try to be strong but there are days well, you know what I mean. Sometimes just talking to someone helps. Today is a bad day IBS is not so good today and my body feels like it is on fire and the pain in my feet and legs are almost unbareable....going to go soak them and see if that helps. Thanks again for reply. You take care

I notice you have a dog on your avatar. I am an avid dog person, so we have something in common. :)

Yes, she was my little girl Sophie...we lost her Monday and it has been really hard. I have been trying to keep it together this week but with the loss of her and the pain in my body everyday is almost to strong to bear but, I will. Some one said I sounded strong, thank you for that....I have to be reminded that I am. There will be some better days ahead....I will take what I can get.

Yes, she was my little girl Sophie...we lost her Monday and it has been really hard. I have been trying to keep it together this week but with the loss of her and the pain in my body everyday is almost to strong to bear but, I will. Some one said I sounded strong, thank you for that....I have to be reminded that I am. There will be some better days ahead....I will take what I can get.
I'm so sorry for your loss, catnel. Grief is that much harder to take when already juggling so much. But you're absolutely right - better days will be ahead. Thanks for joining us X

Oh my gosh, catnel. I am so very sorry. I have loved animals all my life and had many companion animals and it tears my heart out every time one has to go. I know that grief very well. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this on top of everything else. There's nothing I can say that will help, because it just is what it is, but know that there are others who feel for you and know all too well what you are going through. Or, at least, we know what we went through, and it is probably similar.

By the way, people will say some of the stupidest things when someone near to you dies. Don't listen to anyone who tries to diminish what you are feeling just because the one who died is not a human being. Anyone who thinks that way has never truly loved an animal, and that part of their heart and spirit has never been opened. Anyone who has loved an animal deeply will understand how hard that is. All you can do is hang in there and get through it.
In my experience, truly deep grief from a very hard loss, whether human or animal, doesn't "get better" the way some people say it will. But it does get different. And it gets less new, so you get more used to it.
Sending a virtual hug.

Thank you for your advice Sunkacola. I do miss her and there is no way I would listen to anyone that tries to diminish me for loving my pet. I don't have time or energy to mess with that kind of thinking. You are absolutely right that grief is grief and everyone experiences it differently, weather it is a pet, or love one, but right now I have a hole in my heart from missing her and I have to remember to take care of myself and do what I need to do for me. Today was a good day but my legs and feet are on fire again and the heat and humidity is really getting to me. Going to go do a soak and hopefully it will calm my feet down. Thank you again for listening and responding, it has helped me so much to to talk about things. Hugs right back at ya.

Really glad to help whenever I can.
Grief and sorrow can also exacerbate fibro symptoms, so it's very good that you are taking care of yourself.

Yes, she was my little girl Sophie...we lost her Monday and it has been really hard.
(((catnel)))
Just remember she'll be waiting for you at rainbow Bridge.
I had 5 little dogs now 4. My little jack Russell died a few months ago. They are my babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back