Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
Ca
I have had symptoms such as a dull aching in my body, especially my arms for years. also fatigue. Finally one doctor diagnosed it as Firbromyalgia. Have been taking Cymbalta since January but I think it has been making me more tired and I noticed I have been sleeping longer. I also think it has made me more anxious. Did help with the pain but I don't like the side effects - Night Sweats, increased fatigue and loss of sexual drive. Not sure if I want to take Lyrica - it seems a little scary.My Fibromyalgia is not that severe and I am able to exercise and lead a normal life. Just need to sleep more and take Advil to help relieve the pain. Want to know what other people are taking. It seems that sleeping at night is the most difficult part without any medication.

I take tramadol for the pain ,and amitripoline for my sleep.u could be having a flare, which is making u feel more tired ,or you might be like me ,I started off fairly good just tired a lot. Now I'm in more pain then I am anything else. But I would rather have pain then feel sleepy all the time lol.
Wired thing is now I can't sleep without my meds.
Welcome to the site btw I hope u find us helpful and open. X

Thank you for your response. Since I posted I had my dose of medicine (Cymbalta/Duloxetine) lowered from 60 down to 30. That has helped me be less tired. I wake up in more pain but am less tired. I will ask my doctor about tramadol for the pain. I do force myself to exercise - I do spin classes and Yoga.

keep on the meds. it your quality of life. get on a set sleep schedule and reduce the fatigue you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back