Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
State
Or
Hello fellow fibromyalgia people,

I am 27 and have recently been diagnosed. I have chronic headaches/migraines daily almog with muscle and joint pain. My body hurts so much all the time. I wake up with a headache and a super stiff body everyday. My dr has
Me on 60mg of cymbalta a day. I also take percocet as needed because of how horrible the pain in my head, neck and body. Im curious what helps others on a daily biases. Its nice to not be alone in this... Although id never wish this upon anyone...
Im greatful for any suggestions. I am a mother of two and i must go on with my life somehow. I feel like im trapped in a horrible old painful body. Its causing alot of depression on me. :-( please help!

Hi Janelle! Welcome to the forum! I totally feel your pain, nowadays my pain is mainly in my head and neck (as well as my arms and legs sometimes, but those really don't matter to me as much as the neck and head). My back hurts too. It's awful and wouldn't wish it even upon my worst enemy! I've always said it that the worse pains ever are in the head and the neck, because it's hard to do whatever you got to do if your neck is hurting so bad yu can't sit or lie down in peace.

What I do for my neck is rubbing some tei fu oil on the affected area, it numbs it for a while...

Jane,
Sorry to hear that you are suffering, but I hope that by coming here and asking questions and through your own postings you will gain new friends and tons of info on managing fibro. We try to be very supportive and give honest answers to questions. As you look over the forum, you will see we have many sections and topics that provide info about the symptoms of fibro and what has worked and not worked for each member. There is an alternate method spot. as well as, a venting spot where you can share when things are not going your way.

I hope you will come often and read, as well as, post on the different topic's how you manage the symptoms of your illness and there by share with other members. Glad you found us! :)

Hello Janelle! I was recently diagnosed too, and boy do I feel your pain! My Rheumy gave me gentle stretches for my stiffness. First I apply moist hot towels or a heating pad to the area for 10 min.,then gently stretch each joint. Curling and uncurling my fingers, raising one arm up etc. Also I started with a 20 min. walk (my goal over the next 3 months is 45 min). When I really ache and hurt all over,I take hot bubble baths.I also sleep on a moist heating pad.The goal is to start slow and gently move each joint. Only move it to the point of discomfort, not pain! I have been doing this for 3 weeks and I can tell a difference. It's about baby steps. Don't try to be a rock star! Lol! At first I could only do 3-4 reps. Now I can do 8. For me and my Fibro, that's improvement. I'm also learning that our brain can only focus on one thought at a time, so try to distract it.Sing your favorite song,watch movies,play games,etc. To try it, Count from 1-10 in your mind and say your abc's out loud. Our brain can't focus on both. Try to remain positive. Hope I helped you a little! Welcome and Soft Hugs! Oh, and I use hot moist heat on my "burning neck migraines" too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back