Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
AU
State
Victoria
Hey everyone my names bec I'm 22 and I have officially been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and now possible lupus my mum has it so they reacon it was past on through her, I've been having alot of problems lately with the pain always gets in the way of my work and day to day things I have recently had to rethink the way I do things I noticed that I am getting frustrated all the time with my body I don't mean too its just so frustrating I don't mean to complain but I free like I'm on my own with this one because the people around me just don't understand and it's not there fault either I just want it to go away :(

Hi Becca! Welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear you are going thru this, but rest assured we all (here) know the feeling f having people around you who just don't understand.

At first it's really hard, but don't worry... as the years pass by things like that should get easier and easier, but you really need to learn more about coping skills. When you suffer from fibro and other chronic diseases (like you and I do), it's important to learn how to cope with them, because they will not go away and the sooner you accept it the better. I know that's not what you or anyone else wants to hear, but believe me accepting it makes things easier after a while. I know because I lived in denial for years, thinking it was nothing, but it was something and is here to stay.

If you want to learn more about how the other members here cope with fibro and the depression caused by it, please feel free to explore the forum. There are plenty of useful threads with a lot info on how to work on your coping skills!

Hi Becca, welcome to the forum :) It's great that you found us. I hope that interacting with the forum members will make you feel less alone and equip you with some tips for your everyday life. Take care :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back