New Diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorningDew

Hello. I just ran across this site while trying to find information. My mother was just diagnosed but has been struggling with this for several years. Last year is when things started to get worse. I’ve joined hoping to get information on pain management that has helped others. It’s been tough seeing her like this. The doctor she saw recommended some antidepressants to help with the pain but she is already on anti depressants and is hesitant on changing them. She’s been taking some CBD rich and low THC products and they seem to help a bit.

Hi MorningDew and welcome to both you and your mother.
We are here to help and support you and your mom. to answer questions when we can, and to be a sounding board if you ever need that.

The place to start, in terms of management of FM (at least, the place to start on this forum) is this post:

Once you have read that, if you have questions or concerns, please ask. If it is possible for your mom to get started on at least some thing(s) from that post you can be on the road to making things better, or at least giving your mom the best chance of feeling better. As I point out in my post, what helps is different for everyone, but the best way to manage things is to do the experimentation to find out what helps.

I understand her reluctance to change antidepressant meds if the ones she is on are doing well for her, and I support her decision not to mess with that. I have used CBD and THC in combination for some time now and find for some kinds of pain it is a great help, although for others it doesn't help much, so again experimentation will help you to know what to do for different kinds or places of pain.

I hope this site can be a good reference and "community" for you and your Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back