Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2020
Country
US
State
IL
35 and just got diagnosed with Fibro. I have been recovering from a B12 deficiency for 6 months but have reoccurring unexplained symptoms. Doc says it’s Fibro but I’m not sure. I get a lot of aches and pain in my upper back, arms, chest. Short of breath, dizzy, fatigued, shaky, internal vibrations, it feels like I have a weak pulse or that my heart is straining to beat, palpitations. I’m insides just feel very very out of control like I’m having a panic attack but I’m not. Only thing that helps is ibuprophen. All of this comes and goes. I have gone gluten free and dairy free. Anyone have similar symptoms (especially the heart stuff and shaky out of control feeling). Also anyone have experience with B12 Deficiency and any relation it may have to Fibro. This all started 8 months ago when I went through a stressful time, ended up sick, took antibiotics/steroids for 10 days. I’ve never been the same ....

Any advise is much appreciated. Trying to decide if I accept the diagnosis of Fibro of keep searching for answers. All blood tests, heart tests, brain MRI come back fine

First thoughts of my doc at the onset of my first symptoms of general Ache was D3 and B12, but taken them highly dosed improved the bloods, but "the Ache" was there off and on, so the suspicion of fibro was there for about 10 years, finally coming out in a full flare Aug2019. So I accepted the diagnosis quickly, but because quite a few things didn't fit or were different to others, I kept and keep searching for further answers, which in my case means things that help, having found that no meds, herbs or supps do, but physio-stuff does (short sharp cold, breath-holding, certain exercises...).
If yours is nothing but fibro, all of what you've described could be from overdoing it, not having found a feeling for your invisibly moving sweet spots of each activity. Learning to keep the flares down and finding things like the gentle exercises which are right/better for you or changing your mattress would then help. Probably also even if it's not fibro...
I'd always recommend sunkacola's advice-post at the top of the forum, if you haven't read / started following that already.

Hi Ctadd, I second what JayCS says above. I also want to toss in there something from my own experience. I often have that out-of-control shaky heart racing feeling, and they are anxiety attacks. Most of the time I don't feel anxious mentally, and nothing has happened recently to make me feel anxious. I will just be going about my day and suddenly my heart starts pounding, and then I am in for it for the next few minutes or half hour or longer.

Not saying that what you experience IS an anxiety attack, but letting you know that a person can have physical anxiety attacks out of the blue, without actually feeling anxious mentally, and that may be what you are experiencing.

I say "anxiety attack" rather than "panic attack", because what you are describing would probably be called the former rather than the latter. Usually a panic attack involves mental and emotional panic as well, and you feel as if you are about to jump out of your skin or the nearest window, or are having a heart attack and are about to die in the next few minutes. Not telling you what to call what is happening to you, just letting you know how those terms are most often used.

Thank you so very much. Any advice right now is so helpful. Can anxiety attacks last for days? Sometimes I have that shaky out of control feeling for days at a time.

Anxiety can last for a long time, especially this year!!
But if you are having a racing heartbeat and feeling dizzy etc. and that goes on for days I would definitely see a doctor about that as soon as possible. If possible go to see one while this is going on so that they can measure how fast your heart is beating and your blood pressure and so on.
These are physical things that can be dangerous, so they need to be addressed in order to rule out the possibility that there's a physical cause specific to your heart or nervous system.

If you can't see a doctor right away, order a pulse oximeter online. It is the little device they put on the end of your finger at a doctor's office, and shows your pulse rate and how saturated your O2 level is. They don't cost much, maybe $15 or $20. When your heart races, record the pulse and O2 levels and write it down, time and date. Keep this record to show to the doctor when you get in to see them so they can know what has been going on for you. This is more helpful to them than you saying your heart is racing, because it's a lot more precise. I have one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back