New Fibro Symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
finding something on the menu that would be suitable was... interesting, lol
I can imagine!
When eating out with my wife I still sometimes try to define 4 or 5 types of veggies, raw and without seasoning or dressing, plus some olive oil for me to put on myself. But it's so stressful till they've taken it in. And they come back: Are you sure you don't want any tomatoes, did I understand that right? Or they forget not to season it.
Eating with others I have to mask (unless outside) anyway, so usually don't eat. And even the small amount of water I order as an alibi for sitting there sends me off to "return it" every 20-30'.... So 3x if I manage 1h+....
Since my wife loves eating out she's slowly getting used to asking our friends, and I encourage them & her.

dairy, especially yogurt... 🧐. As I want to keep away from eating animals themselves (as well as processed foods ;)). My nuts, pumpkin seeds, chocolate & veggies aren't doing enough yet, the only thing there I can try to increase is beans and nuts
Update: mozzarella, and 'real' Emmentaler of all hard cheeses have the most phosphorus, much more than yogurt - but may be a problem for my lipids. Emmentaler will be a problem for my histamine after the next jab (which I'm needing to postpone cos of lack of energy). Some beans & nuts also have quite some histamine. And everything mentioned except dairy contains half it's phosphorus as phytic acid, which is "biounavailable", some say 'dangerous' in excess, which at first drove me bonkers. Catch 2222. But I'm taking that new bit of information with a pinch of salt until I fully understand it.
But I now seem to be having immediate if slow success for energy by "taking" 125g of mozzarella or 50g of hard cheese as a "supp" every evening! :rolleyes:. (And partly trying to reduce the conscience bit for me by getting them at expiry date. Which may mean their histamine is increased a bit, a game of compromises....)
When eating out with my wife
I forgot to add that my esophagus blocks mean that it's always good to have my massage 'gun' near me, which I've had to use outside once up to now after my 2x16 morning capsules didn't go down like I would like....
Life is a challenge, but I'm winning. 🏆

Last edited:
I forgot to add that my esophagus blocks
I feel for you Jay - not nice at all. I've had a 'lump' in my throat for the last couple of months, feels as if there's something stuck. I sometimes feel as if my throat's gonna close over and it can freak me out 😳 - but as usual the more I stress over it, the worse it is.

I'm trying smaller regular meals, and as usual lots of fluids. I've also gone down the route of indigestion and heartburn meds but to no avail. And I do neck stretches and massage to try and help.

The doc doesn't seem to think it's anything more serious - so I've put it down to fibro. And after speaking to others, it seems there are more fibro suffers with throat issues than I was aware of.

Strange how I've had fibro for all these years and this has just started - proving again how random and unpredictable this illness is.

Have you any info on why this happens Jay? 🤔:)

more fibro suffers with throat issues than I was aware of
Have you any info on why this happens Jay? 🤔:)
Yep, we'd already talked and joked around about it ▶️ in July - it's a "Schatzki ring" esophagus stricture (narrowing by one third) above my stomach.
Rubbing around my sternum like back then isn't enough anymore, but now massaging it with my 'gun' usually is. Recently, a capsule got stuck so fast that it took an hour to loosen it, before I could drink or eat anything, massaging wasn't enough. After that fright I make sure I don't lie down after and drink even more, which both causes other problems. And generally massage at the slightest doubt, 'gun' always ready.

For those who can't afford hospital etc. I've found two graphic videos how you can dilate it yourself with a long tube.... but my whole body would cramp up.

I try to remember to massage the area using the acupressure points for reflux digging up under my sternum, in the faint hope of making it more flexible. So: good that you've brought it up again. ;)

It can be frightening at times, so it's great to hear other ways people cope with this.
Nice to have other things to try - thanks Jay (y):)

edit- just had a look at the link for July - I remember it now! I was only having this problem with fizzy drinks then ... it seems to have sadly progressed ...

Last edited:
Oh dang. I didn't realize that fibro could come with throat issues. Still battling an ear infection and I've lost my voice along with some painful coughing. I will now keep an eye on this. Thanks.

I didn't realize that fibro could come with throat issues
Well, as I'd written in the link, this is another brilliant example for dissociating each symptom from fibro.
That's what made me get it re-checked, showed that it wasn't my muscles and suggested ideas.

It's probably from my (past) hyperacidity, like my gut oversensitivity decades older than fibro. Maybe MCAS.

Generally, putting any of my symptoms down to fibro has usually been unhelpful to dangerous,
whilst treating each singly always helps considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back