Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Saskatchewan
Hello everyone! My name is Arynn and I'm truly at my wits end and seeking some advice or comforting thoughts. Let's begin with me, I'm a 24 year old female from Canada. I've been suffering chronic pain for 4 years now.

Two years ago I was throwing up, nauseas and had horrible migraines that were due to sensitivity to light, smells and sounds. My whole body hurt, I was so exhausted and could sleep and sleep and alwaya felt tired. Doctors thought it was my gallbladder, I had it taken out last October. The throwing up is gone but the pain is still here.

Symptoms:
- Nausea
- Pelvic/lower abdominal pain.
- Upper right abdominal pain that goes into shoulders and back.
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Aching everywhere
- Exhausted
- Fatigue
- zone out and forget things
- Head aches
- Widespread pain

My doctors aren't listening to me and say it's all in my head since all of my tests come back clean. My doctor cut me off medications for pain because he believes I'm an abuser. I'm not! I can't stand living like this, I have no quality of life.

This isn't living. It's torture.

Hi Arynn,

First of all welcome to the forum! You will soon notice that it is a place where we can all share our struggles with not only fibromyalgia/ME, but also with the medical world.

I am not a doctor so I will not even assume things, but what is important that you need to keep fighting and demanding answers from your doctors. I think most of us here have had similar problems - not being taken seriously by the exact people who are there to help us. In my case, I simply switched doctors until I found the person who did listen and who also really wanted to help me.

I also think it is important to educate yourself. Get your blood work done and look online what is what, what happens if a reading is off etc. Also write down a journal of your pain/fatigue, and its severity. Are you still able to work/study? If you can't, then you really have to mention that to the doctor.

Also preparing yourself before a doctor's visit is very important. If possible, take someone with you. (I don't have anyone to take but I really wish I did, because in a doctor's office you really need all the ears/mouths/brains you can have!). Also write down your questions and demand to be taken seriously.

wishing you all the strength!

Hi Arynn. Don't give up, you know your own body & unfortunately it's a long exhausting journey trying to get a diagnosis but stick it out, try a different doctor. If I visit my GP practice I always make sure I see the same GP, the one who referred me to rheumatology and who is the only one who seems to care. I've been dismissed so many times but have pushed until I got a diagnosis. Yes it was horrible hearing the words fibro as a diagnosis but in some ways it's easier knowing what I'm dealing with. Stay strong & keep fighting but in the meantime there's always someone here to offer support & advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back