Not open for further replies.

Nilobinha

Reason
Undiagnosed
Country
UK
State
UK
Hi new here. I have my baths/shower with very hot water ( you can see vapour) and I've noticed that in the last few days it makes my legs worse, I get more pains and stiff legs. Anyone experiencing this? Does anyone know if the water can make the condition worse? If I lower the temperature of the water I get really cold as I feel the water is cold for me ( but is hot for everyone else in my house to the point they can't keep their hands in the water). Water from shower for is at 45 degrees Celsius. My skin is bright red after the bath.

Hello Nilobinha, and welcome to the forum.
My first suggestion is always that if something is making your pain worse, stop doing it.

Have you done a lot of experimenting with lowering the temperature just a little bit and see if that helps with the effects? And then if not, just a little bit more? In your place, I would sort of dedicate myself to looking for a happy medium between being too hot and too cold.

If you have tried that extensively and cannot find it, then maybe a better way to get clean would be not to shower at all. Maybe a washcloth kind of cleaning? Probably baths are out because the water cools off too fast. Take shorter showers?

Another thing to try is to put a portable heater in the bathroom and get it really warm before you take your (lower temp) shower. If you get out in a very warm room and immediately dry off and get warmly dressed, you shouldn't be cold for more than a minute or two at most

As for fibro people, for some cold water really helps, for others it makes it worse. Same with hot. Everyone is different.

We are so sensitive to any heat change etc were I live it has been so cold but if I leave a dressing gown on too long I go very red and my skin burns. Could be the heat is too much for you, sometimes there doesn’t seem to be an answer or things we’ve done before affect us as new symptom.

I've noticed that in the last few days it makes my legs worse, I get more pains and stiff legs
Me confused too 😊. Sure it's that and nothing else? Never read that happening to anyone.
(Hot water for any length of time would quickly smash my "constitution", but that'd be all over - or is that what you mean?, and not make my legs stiff.)
Adding to sunkacola's suggestions,
could you decrease the length? (I usually only shower a minute per day, and my wife says I'm clean.)
could you decrease the frequency to 2-3x/week? Most people shower too much, bad for our skin biome.
could you try ending with a few seconds of cold water, praps just your legs, and then use a prepared hot water bottle when you come out?
have you tried analyzing what might be triggering the change in the last few days, if it was OK before?
(My main triggers for shower pain are the CoV-jabs and a supp, NAC.)
(I need to be warm all day, 5 pairs of socks 24/7, Raynauld's, in winter long johns; but not in my 1' shower.)

(I usually only shower a minute per day, and my wife says I'm clean.)
The fact is, a person can get perfectly clean in one minute unless they are very dirty or have greasy dirt or paint or something like that on them.

And it's true that too frequent bathing is bad for the skin biome. I wonder, though, if it is more the soap that is bad rather than the water. I don't think it is necessary to use soap anywhere other than the few obviously necessary places unless there is a lot of dirt on another part of the body for some reason. Most of the body usually doesn't need more than rinsing.

I use the sanex sensitive skin. Even before I start washing and if I have a full bath, it's just the water that makes me very hot. I've tried lower temperature but it's too cold for me. For now I'm just having quick showers and have a hot drink after if I'm cold. Because if I get too cold it takes me longer to warm up.

lot of dirt on another part of the body for some reason. Most of the body usually doesn't need more than rinsing.
I see and experience it exactly the same. Someone the other day was writing with me about being so dirty if she doesn't clean herself "thoroughly", and then copped out when I started with the skin biome.
So I couldn't find out if that was "just" modern-day industry-hyped up over-cleanliness or "more", like OCD.

quick showers and have a hot drink after if I'm cold. Because if I get too cold it takes me longer to warm up.
When I have difficulty with cold showering on the odd day, I actually notice after a warm shower I'm usually fine under it, but when I come out I'm hurting for much longer than any hurt I might have under a cold shower.

Can't say I'm familiar with this experience you are having. I hope you come up with a great solution soon!

I have played with changing body internal temperature quite a bit. Your body will adjust normally to a hot shower of about 5 minutes. Blood will be sent to the surface to try to keep cool but internal body core temp wont change in that time. If you take 20 minute shower under your 45 degree water you would get core temperature change, possibly up to 40.5 which is very dangerous. A combination of hot shower and some edema could cause pain for a number of reasons, including the increase in blood flow not being able to return fast enough to relieve pressure buildup. Your red skin is probably the body sending hot blood to the skin to try to cool and protect the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back