Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
ES
State
Valencia
Hi all, sorry to join up and then immediately post a negative, but I've been reading threads and the understanding and support you all give is amazing!

Since my diagnosis, I have been coping ok, painkillers don't help me at all, so I have to just deal with my pain and other symptoms.
Lately though, I have been feeling extremely depressed, and I can't seem to pull myself out like I have before. There is quite a lot going on in my life, but I'd normally be able to cope, this f*#king fibro is awful! My husband is very supportive, and if he sees that I'm struggling he will tell me to go and lay down, but he doesn't know the extent of my pain and depression, because I try to keep it to myself, he is bipolar, so is dealing with his own difficulties and I don't want to add to that. But, I feel useless and like I'm just a burden, I can't help him as much as I'd like to, I can't spend lots of time with my kids because I get so tired and sore so ifeel like a crappy mother too. It's just exhausting, I cry so much lately, I feel so alone, even though I'm not...

Hi Teeny,

I'm new too and understand a little of how you're feeling. My husband is also supportive, but it's difficult when the pain and other stuff is neverending...I don't want to moan about it because, like you, that makes me feel like a burden. Have you tried to take something for the depression? I am on Cymbalta, and while it doesn't do a lot for my pain, it has helped my depression.

You're not alone, and you're not a crappy parent (just by caring about whether you're a crappy parent or not means you're not!)

Lucy

I'm a male with fibromyalgia and I don't have the support of my wife. She doesnt understand what im going through and thinks i do it purposely against her. It's very stressful. But all the feelings you are feeling I also feel, I have a son and I feel like I'm letting him down and I get in bad depressions too. I'm in a terrible flare right now my doctors are messing with my meds and I'm angry all the time not sleeping at all and fighting with my wife because she thinks I have control over it.

I've been in and out of these flares so many times though. It will get better! It sounds like you really need to focus on acceptance of fibro. The sooner you accept that you won't be able to do what you used to the better. I'm sure you are doing the most you are capable of and that's all you can do. I'm guilty of it too, we have a perception of what should be normal and we try to hold up to it but what's normal for most people isn't normal for us. I know it sucks but try to look at it that you are doing the most you can with your condition and that's an accomplishment on it own!

You're not worthless and you're not alone in feeling the way you do. Hold your head up and just take things as they come one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back