Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
CA
State
BC
Hi, I look forward to reading through the posts and especially would like to find a success story. I started out with various symptoms, like swelling on the backs of my knees, very weak leg muscles to the point where the muscle feels like it is not working although I could use my muscles, extreme fatigue after meals, then severe memory impairment, followed by excruciating pinched nerve which seems to have triggered the full body fibro pain. I am so confused, when I look back over my childhood it seems that there were always a few things off. I currently have b12 injection, trying to follow a anti inflammatory/paleo diet, and try to get rest. I was on cymbalta for about 10 months. When it caused hallusinations I decided the risks were worse than the fibromyalgia - my do for of course didn't seem to see the issue the way I do. Just in case it helps anyone else. I started seeing a ND, who said that I have hyperinsulinemia, and suspected dairy and gluten allergy. There has been evidence for this in my past. PMS always makes my symptoms much worse. I have had some success with the diet but back slid and have not been able to get back to perfect compliance on the diet. So I am here on another wild goose chase looking for the magic beans. All the best to the rest of you on your journey, hope we can help each other.

Yvette,
Welcome to the forum. We are looking forward to getting to know you as well. We spend a lot of time here talking about medications and diet, fatigue and pain management, and alternative ways to reduce stress and cope with the wide array of symptoms caused by fibro. Please join in on the discussions in the different topic areas and ask questions if you wish.

Be sure to check out the off-subject sections at the bottom of the main page as this is where we talk about hobbies and other such stuff. Glad your here and I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Hi Yvette! I'm glad you found your way to this forum. I hope that you will get some helpful advice here, as well as some fun distraction in the off-subject forums, as suggested by 1sweed :) Take care

Hi Yvette! Welcome to the forum, so glad to have you here! First let me tell you I completely relate to most of your symptoms, specially feeling so fatigued after a big meal, mostly because I also suffer from glucose issues... so yeah, I know how hard it is when you suffer from something like that; makes fibro's symptoms waaaay worse! Have you tried a diet low on carbs? I heard consuming less sugar and carbs can do wonder for people like us. I'm actually trying to cut my sugar/carbs consumption in half. We will see how it goes!

Best of luck with everything, hope to see you around and get to know you more thru your posts!

Hi Yvette! Welcome to the forum, so glad to have you here! First let me tell you I completely relate to most of your symptoms, specially feeling so fatigued after a big meal, mostly because I also suffer from glucose issues... so yeah, I know how hard it is when you suffer from something like that; makes fibro's symptoms waaaay worse! Have you tried a diet low on carbs? I heard consuming less sugar and carbs can do wonder for people like us. I'm actually trying to cut my sugar/carbs consumption in half. We will see how it goes!

Best of luck with everything, hope to see you around and get to know you more thru your posts!

Thanks. I have been told that I have hyperinsulenimia, so I would say we have even more in common. ND said I should not have anything with more than 2gr sugar per serving, and that he also suspects a dairy allergy. I have been following a VERY loose paleo diet for over two years. With lots of chocolate and sugar on the side. In the fall I got more strict with the diet. Before Christmas I was very compliant with the diet for about 8 weeks. My symptoms were so much better! Christmas time was rough and I went crazy for the goodies and gluten and dairy. I am having a hard time to get back on track, especially when I crave sugar that everyone else seems to be able to enjoy. lol. But I do need to get serious, because I have felt way better when I was compliant. I eat eggs and bacon for breakfast and the rest of my meals are meat and veggies. Of course there are some nuts/coconut milk and other things that help me to follow the diet. I am back on track for the last three days. Usually it takes 4-5 days to get past the sugar cravings. My symptoms of pain are RAGING now, but hope that in a couple days that it will calm down. Nice to know we can relate.

Hey. my girlfriend has has similar issues for a few years too. I know it can be tough, but with the right support system you can do it. Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back