Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
FL
I was diagnosed in July with FM. I'm still trying to figure out what this means for me. Some days are really good and it feels like there's no limits. Then there's days like today, that start out okay and go downhill at warp speed. Ended up curled up in bed from the pain, trying not to cry because that would hurt even more. I feel like I get through the day-to-day pretty well but the flare-ups scare me. Every time I think I've felt the worst it could be, it gets more painful. I guess I'm looking for people that understand and can offer advice from their own experience.

allikat, We totally get it and we are sorry your having pain issues but we are glad you joined the forum. Hopefully by reading through the different sections of posts you might find some helpful hints and information that will make your life easier. Fibro is a struggle that gives you different and sometimes scary symptoms that won't kill you and most times the symptoms go away before you get to a doctor. There I go on a rant, lol but we can help by listening and providing encouragement on those hard days. Please join in and post questions and answers to others. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Hi,

I'm also from Florida. The one thing I can tell you is there are some good days that make up for bad ones. Fibromyalgia is like a rollercoaster. I'm like you, at the beginning of the day I'm fine, going along, being productive and all of a sudden it hits me, and I'm down. In pain, exhausted, in bed or on the couch, hot and cold, nauseous, every symptom you can think of all at once. That's fibro. But coming here to find information, moan vent, and be with people who understand does make it that much more tolerable. :)

Welcome.we ALL have been where u are now,we all know the fear.and while it never really goes away,you do learn to live with it.not because your a hero,not because your tough,but simple because you have to,
You will learn what you can and can't do.first off learn to peace yourself,its all to easy to have a good day and overdo things,then pay for it the next day.
And somedays your feel bad for simple getting up.this is where this place comes in.years ago you would suffer alone.but now we can chat to ppl all round the world.
Don't be scared to ask anything.i hope we can bring you some answers,and some understanding.

Hi - also new here, like within the last few minutes.

All I can say is I'm glad that last October I had a flare up of symptoms that lead the doctor to making a diagnosis. I'm grateful for that. I hate flare ups and I hate these symptoms, but reframing the way I think about them reminds me that my body is trying very hard to tell me it's not working right. I'm really thankful that over a year later I've found some people who will listen and understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back