Status
Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis
02/2004
Country
US
State
Maine
So I am new to this board. I was diagnosed with Fibro about 4 years ago. I am not too sure if the issues I am having are normal or not. I have researched it on online but it is hard to tell.
I am in a ton of pain about 8 on a scale to 10. I hurt all over. It is muscular pain and I also have some joint pain. MY knees are bad, and I get pain in various joints. At different times I have pain in my shoulders, wrists, and hips, and groin. I am also extremely tired all the time. I can't seem to sleep for long periods of time. I have nights were I can;t sleep at all.

I also have Interstitial Cystitis, IBS, Diverticulitis, BiPolar, and I am obese. I know that some of these other issues have the same symptoms as Fibro but I am just so at a loss right now. I have not got any support system in place. My husband tries to be supportive but he really doesn't have the skills to be supportive to me. Actually he had no compassion towards me, but his parents he has all the sympathy in the world. I have three children that are all grown and I dont want to trouble them with my stuff.

I am not going to lie I am very depressed today and I am not able to get out of my own way. I just need to know if my symptoms are the same as anyone else.
I would appreciate any help.
Thank,
Kirsten

Hi Kirsten! I'm sorry to hear you're going tru this... It's really hard not to count with a good support system, sometimes I feel the same about my boyfriend: he can't be supportive enough. I think your symptoms are pretty common for someone with fibro, but not everyone with fibro have the same symptoms you do or with the same intensity.

But I also must tell you that I believe being overweight plays a big role in the intensity of your pain, back when I was overweight I was in great pain, more than I am now (my symptoms are very mild most of the time) I even had hip issues and I was just 20 years old! Have you thought about losing weight? I swear it does help! I'm now sitting at 160 lbs and my pain is much less than before.

Don't worry, you are not alone... :) We're all on the same boat, and I truly understand how hard it is to live with depression... have you tried taking something for that? I take a B complex some hours before bed, and thanks to that I'm not able to sleep! Before that I used to spend 3 or 4 hours rolling on the bed...

I have lost some weight recently, but have lot to go.I know that my weight is making things worse. I do take stuff gor my depression I take effexor at night before bed. I have sleeping pills to take on the nights I can't sleep but by the time I realize that I am not sleeping and it is very late it is too later to take the sleeping pill.
Thank you for answering me I appreciate it.
Kirsten

Hi Kirsten,

Wow, it seems like you've got a lot going on for you. Good for you for seeking out some support on here. :)

I can relate to some of your same pain conditions too. I've actually stopped giving my pain a number, as it's just always there. I like to gently nod at it, but not acknowledge it too much. Have you expressed to your husband what it is that he could be doing? Is he still not responsive?

Jcairns I have tried to explain to him what I need and what I feel like every single day. He really just has no compassion for the pain other people feel unless it is his parents that have the pain. Most days I can deal with the pain on my own, but there are those days when I just need someone to lean on. I have three very amazing children but I hate to have them deal with me and my pain.

Kirsten , you are.not alone. i feel as if i was just reading my own story.

Kirsten,
You are not alone and I am so glad you found this forum. Sometimes people can not see or feel the pain of others. I have been in your shoes and dealt with family members who thought I was just lazy or making it all up. One family member has RA, but that is a real disease I was told, and fibro is just an excuse for not doing anything. I think it is because we look so good on the outside and the fact that the pain and other weird symptoms we feel are hidden from the eyes of others. Unless you have fibro you can not understand it.

Most members here have gone through this hurtful experience of loved ones not believing in fibro, and so we can provide you the sounding board to voice your sadness and pain, in this forum where we all understand. Please feel free to use the moan and vent topic section, plus read through the pain management area in both new and older posts to gain some coping skills. I Hope You Feel Better Soon! :)

Thank you so much for letting me know I am not alone. I have just stop trying to get him to understand my pain. I really appreciate you for answering my plea thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back