Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned that you already had a hearing but haven't gotten a decision. Did you have this hearing before an administrative law judge? I have applied twice and been denied twice so I hired an attorney. He said I should have a hearing sometime in June. I was hoping I would get an answer the day of the hearing. Any indication on how long it will take to get a decision? I first applied in May of 2014 so I have been waiting for almost two years. I will be eligible for regular social security next year. Can I get both disability and regular social security at the same time?

Hello!

Yes, I had a hearing in front of an administrative law judge. I had a lawyer and no, you won't get a decision at the hearing. They say it takes about 3-6 months to get a decision. I don't think you can get disability and social security at the same time. I actually think it's the same thing. But you'd better ask your lawyer that question bc I'm really not sure.

I personally think that you should get strenght out of nowhere and brace up mate, fibromyalgia is not an easy thing and I recommend you to stay positive and talk to your family about supporting you and all that kind of stuff that you really need, good luck.

HA! If it was only that easy. Out of the mouth of someone not suffering with fibromyalgia! My parents ARE helping me. Not sure what that has to do with anything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back