New here. Was wondering if you all noticed what I noticed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is not feeling well causing you to feel irritible? That happens with me, too. Just ask my husband šŸ˜¬

I hope you feel better soon.

I wish eliminating foods worked for meā€¦ if I eliminate many more, Iā€™ll starve! šŸ˜‰. I have food allergies, so, NO tree nuts, NO soy, NO wheat, NO melon, and NO HFCS - which is in everything!!! ... home made ... and organic, to avoid the antibiotics in meat/poultry, but Iā€™m beyond bored with the little I get to eat.
I am still making changes, though.
Hi EzbG!: I get it. You seem to have had to change pretty quickly from a typical US diet - that makes it much tougher.

I'm "lucky" that I've been changing for 35 years. And I don't think I've ever eaten something with HFCS in my life. My toughest changes like having to eliminate fizzy drinks came 30 years ago.
I have no detectable allergies at all, but 100s of intolerances. After the jabs triggering what we now realize is MCAS this put that all into that perspective. Due to the MCAS I've now gone pretty low histamine and am adding things again slowly. So as I've said above I'm looking to increase from the 50 foods I have, so like you "making changes", by rotating small amounts of additional foods (from mainly 15 mild raw organic veggies and nuts). Lucky me enjoys this a lot, every single meal.

But agreed: Going down to 50 foods has not improved my Ache & fatigue, only all my stomach and gut problems, and now all other MCAS symptoms aside from severe fatigue. .... Although it's true I can't prove that getting "all" my local pains down was only due to all the exercises, stretches, acupressure and supps. Reducing food types may have helped too, altho I don't think so.

If you want to go off Cymbalta I recommend joining the FaceBook group Cymbalta Hurts Worse. They have guidelines for safely going off the drug. It is one of the most difficult drugs to get off so please follow the protocols. Also, there's a big community of people (over 30,000 last time I looked) on there who offer you emotional and real time support while you go through this. Its a dangerous drug to go cold turkey with or even to follow what most doctors will tell you to wean off it - most doctors haven't had to wean off it so they don't understand- please please read the guidelines on the board - people actually can have severe psychotic episodes by going off it too quickly.

Its a dangerous drug to go cold turkey with or even to follow what most doctors will tell you to wean off it - most doctors haven't had to wean off it so they don't understand
Amen to that!!

I mentioned yesterday to my meds manager about the wean off of the sertraline being too fast, and she was taken back.. said they usually have people wean down even faster than i did.. :oops: I told her about the withdrawal effects I was coping with, and she acted like she had never heard of such a thing coming off of this drug..

But yeah, i have heard Cymbalta is a nasty one to come off of, so well worth taking the time to research the proven (by other patients) protocols to do so safely. Your health is what matters the most, do what you can to protect it.

I have been on a gluten free dairy free no added sugar legume free nut free diet for years. It has helped, but not eliminated my fibromyalgia. I tend to be consistently strick on the dietary protocol for anti-inflammatory auto-immune eatting.

I have been strictly on anti-inflammatorydiet for at least four years. I am very strict with it. It has helped a little, but I can't say that it has made a huge difference except that I seem to not catch viruses as I used to regularly get. The pain may be a bit better, and possibly the fatigue, yet not by much. I am less figidity from anxiety though, but it hasn't been totally eliminated. Glad you found such great relief!

But yeah, i have heard Cymbalta is a nasty one to come off of, so well worth taking the time to research the proven (by other patients) protocols to do so safely. Your health is what matters the most, do what you can to protect it.
I recently considered going back on Cymbalta, because I was dealing with depression caused as a side effect of an asthma med, and a Fibro flare we hadnā€™t realized yet. I spoke to my adult daughters - both said - ā€œDonā€™t!! You were a B during your time on - and WAY worse coming off! Super angry!ā€

So I didnā€™t fill the script, and told my Dr why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back