Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
WA - Washington
Hi! I've been suffering from fibromyalgia/CFS for over a year now. I seemed to have gotten it fairly suddenly, after a flu like illness - and I ended up losing my job due to the restrictions it puts on my life. Until recently, I had tried to remain hopeful and kept thinking, somehow, I would suddenly find a way to "win" over this disease. Although I am still trying to keep hoping...I realized that it sure would be nice to communicate with people who understand what I'm going through. I'm fortunate that I have loving people in my life - but as much as they love me, they just do not understand because they are not going through this like we are. I'm hoping this support group will be a good place to vent, where people really do understand. So, I finally made it here. So....hello, everyone! :smile:

PainfullyHere,
Hello and Welcome to the forum. If there is one thing you can be sure of it is that we all do understand, not only about your fibro, but also about the people in your life that just do not get it. this can be family or friends, doctors or co-workers. People who look at you and can not see or understand how much pain you are in and since you look good on the outside then they see no illness at all. Most on this forum have been through this time and time again.

However, now you have us to share your sad feelings with and help offer you some ideas on coping with these insenitive people. Also through reading the posts you will learn new coping skills for many of the most often suffered symptoms and hints on how to cope with some of them without drugs.

So tell us how you feel and ask more questions and vent whenever you need too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back