DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
IL
Hello Everyone!
I'm new here and will keep this short. I want to be honest, I'm not in a very good place right now. I'm currently in a small flare, which is what prompted me to finally reach out. I was technically diagnosed with fibro, cfs and osteoarthritis(mild...in my hands) in March, but as ALL of you know, the suffering has been going on LONG before the actual diagnosis.

No one in my life GETS IT. I'll throw out the basics & will answer ANY questions you have. It's hard to type too much:neutral:

Everything hurts all the time.
I feel alone and emotional.
This is a down day and it's not ALWAYS this dramatic --- THANK GOD
Took 5 doctors to FINALLY diagnose me.
I have a hub and 2 kids (5 & 3)

I want to be the best mom and wife I can, but I feel quite limited.

Hay Hun, welcome . It's a long road your on.its life changing.and its a roller coaster .i have four kids. Little one is nearly three. U can't just lay in bed with kiddies ,but u can be a great mum and a great family.
First off you have to learn to except what u have. And u need to change the way u live . Find the meds that work for u. I'd love to not have meds but I can't do sod all without them.its about how u work with this illness . Chin up and stick around.

Thanks. I appreciate that. I'm having troubles learning my boundaries. I have often realize "that was too much" AFTER i've done it. Just when I think i have accepted it, some new symptom, side effect or back slide happens and I get in a little funk. Coming off a busy weekend didn't help, but it's definitely getting better.

I tried Cymbalta & it was awful. None of the "fibromyalgia" meds work for me so we had to take a different route, which is semi-successful...I think I need to mourn the life I used to have and the things I used to be able to do.

Yep! Your not alone!

Hi there,

I am new and have Fibro as well. Went to Fibro workshop they said the 2 best ways to feel better are exercise (swimming, tai chi etc) and therapy (CBT) as well as a healthy diet....stay away from processed foods.
I too didn't have much luck with med's.

@kathym- so are you currently taking any meds? I hope you are adjusting to FM. It's hard and I'm still learning. GOOD LUCK!

hello!

i see you are already posting to others. thats a good start.

you will have to go through learning what is to much and what is not helping you.

I know the pain is hard to deal with. the drugs are hard to deal with too.

try to keep posting as you will get some relief from that too.

learn,grow and ask questions.

your waking up and your able to hug your kids and hubby every day.
thats what is important.

you will find what helps you. you just need to keep trying to find what triggers your pain.

see my post on starting a daily log book and why it helps. under general discussions.

i know its hard to type.

there is a software for your computer called dragon something.
you speak and it types for you. worth trying.

please feel free to friend me and the others here and ask us questions.

im looking forward to hearing your progress.

we can get through this together!

Hi,

Yes, I am muddling my way through like everyone else. I am not really new to this however, just new to blogging. I have had fibro for years, it totally went away for 25 yrs and then I was in a car accident which they believe set it off again?

I think we all have our ways of dealing with it, it is nice to see that we are not alone out there, especially when we face those who (in this day in age) don't seem to believe in fibro. I don't as you have, have husband and kids that I am waking up to so little in the way of supports.

I don't use drugs and am looking for more natural ways to make this better. In the midst of loosing weight which I think will be a tremendous help, when my fibro went away before I lost 40 pds. I go to the cities support group and I look around the room, everyone is hugely overweight and I wonder if this has much to do with it? The weight on the joints/muscles, the toxins circulating around the body.
I just took up an aquafit program and am going daily, yes at times I don't feel like it but I feel so much better after.
I try to stay positive thinking as well, it is so easy to feel like a victim when your not feeling your best which has a circular effect.
Also meditation helps greatly, I can get so relaxed the pain just disappears.
So, some of what works for me. :razz:

hello!

i see you are already posting to others. thats a good start.

you will have to go through learning what is to much and what is not helping you.

I know the pain is hard to deal with. the drugs are hard to deal with too.

try to keep posting as you will get some relief from that too.

learn,grow and ask questions.

your waking up and your able to hug your kids and hubby every day.
thats what is important.

you will find what helps you. you just need to keep trying to find what triggers your pain.

see my post on starting a daily log book and why it helps. under general discussions.

i know its hard to type.

there is a software for your computer called dragon something.
you speak and it types for you. worth trying.

please feel free to friend me and the others here and ask us questions.

im looking forward to hearing your progress.

we can get through this together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back