Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Nv
By Paul Nicolaus
July 9, 2019 |
Researchers from The Ohio State University have identified potential biomarkers of fibromyalgia and have differentiated the condition from several other related illnesses. They believe the discovery could be a turning point that leads to a blood test
There is hope so hang in there all!

Yup, many are working on these kind of things, and there are already quite many possible biomarkers, like cytokines/chemokines/mast cells; salivary biomarkers; muscle pressure; reduced gut bacteria & serum: molecular biomarkers and altered glutamate metabolism; & hormones: serotonin, noradrenaline, dopamine, cortisol...
The main ones the above note is referring to found by Hackshaw et al. Feb 2019 were "protein backbones" and "pyridine-carboxylic acids".
It was only a small group of FM (50), RA (29), OA (19) & SLE (23) people, so needs to be verified. They used vibrational spectroscopy for this.
Thanks for mentioning, I'm adding it to my cause/trigger reference list, it was new to me, and researching these 2 (no further studies published on it yet) I've also come across the translocator protein gene TPSO (Kosek et al. 2016, Fanton et al. 2021) corresponding to more pain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back