DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
CA
State
ONT
Hi all
I’m a 52 male; just been told 11/01/13 I have Fibromyalgia. I still work with some days off with pain. I’m on cymbalta 120mg a day now. Tried other medications; nothing was working.
It’s very hard to stay focus with my job; because of the pain level of in my body.

Hi all
I’m a 52 male; just been told 11/01/13 I have Fibromyalgia. I still work with some days off with pain. I’m on cymbalta 120mg a day now. Tried other medications; nothing was working. It’s very hard to stay focus with my job; because of the pain level of in my body.

Hi cwhite... and welcome to the forum. I will look forward to hearing your thoughts from a male perspective.

In the meantime, the forum has a *lot* of incredible information and support, so I hope you will take a moment (or a lot of moments!) :smile: and look over some of the past posts here... there really is a wealth of information.

Hi mariposa
The unknown of this pain is really disturbing
Some days it’s hard to even move; but I still try my best
Not sure where to look for more information

Hi there! Welcome to the forum, sorry we had to meet this way! I hope you feel better soon, I know how bad and annoying it can be to live this way, but don't worry, after a while you start not thinking that much about pain. Btw, have you tried many other meds? I have noticed a lot people need to experiment a lot until they find something that works.

cwhite hi there, it can be tough sometimes but hang in there. I have this wonderful syndrome as well, but found a happy place that works for me. It did take a while but the patience pays off. As much as the pain sucks it can give you a new outlook on life if you let it. I've learned to enjoy my family more and not be so hurried about things. Good luck man you not alone in this.

CWHITE - Greetings from England u.k... its great to hear from men expessing themselves regarding this condition. lm a female 50 yrs old who is currently off work this week trying to manage my pain & other symptoms. lts getting really difficult at times to find a balance, however l feel lm not alone since accessing this forum. As you read through other people's statements & with my own knowledge l know this is going to be a loooooong road! Hoping you feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back