Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Pa
Has anyone ever tried marinol? My doctor prescribed me 2.5mg capsules of this pill and I have to pick it up from the pharmacy today and was wondering if anyone has tried this yet.

Hi Jordan , I have not tried this as in the uk doctors tend not to prescribe cannabis based meds, we are just given text book meds, but a lot of people in the uk use cannabis oil, and say it's better than any medication they took, and would not use any thing else. But this is not legal in uk so I will have to take what the doctor gives me, but he's starting you on a low dose, and if this gives you pain relief without great side affects , it's worth a try. You can always try something else if this does not agree with you. It's like any meds for fibro we don't know until we try. Good luck take care

I am from the UK too Jordan and as MissChloe says cannabis based meds are not really used here.

They aren't legal for any purpose in the UK as far as i know but i have watched documentarys where people with MS swear by them for pain relief and are prepared to risk the consequences of getting into trouble.

Good Luck and i really hope it helps as i know you were struggling when you joined the forum not long ago.

Sorry I posted it and then tried again to post the link but it always says it needs to be checked by whoever runs the website and it never posted it. I will try again soon! Sorry I haven't been on lately, a lot going on between new medicine and new symptoms.

It's ridiculous the fact that it's 2016 and alcohol is all good, but MJ is still illegal. Thank big pharma and the politicians. Hope it works for you! MJ can help alleviate anxiety and pain, so why not?

Its something considered quite frightening to take by my generation but if there was research and good grade medical marijuana was tested on fibro patients and monitored by our doctors it could only be a good thing ...gosh anything to make our quality of life better.

It has helped with my appetite which in turn has help a lot of things but my Brian fog, the pain by far, the depression has been better but still not helped with this medicine. It's definitely worth a try if you need to eat more and are nauseous!

Also willow I have been trying to post the link of the blog but it keeps saying it needs to be checked by whoever runs the website and then they never publish it! Very frustrating because I would like you guys to read it and tell me what you think.

Willow,
You are assuming big pharma and politicians actually CARE.

Jordan if you just write the website name without trying to do a link that might work as links aren't allowed on this forum I don't think.

Or if the website name is not allowed enough info for us to search ourselves.

The name of the website is fibromystery I spaced it out so that it wouldn't read as a website so you just need to put it all together. Hopefully that will work! Theres only two posts so far and then hopefully a third one by tonight!

Do a Web Search.

Links Are Not Allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dearest dearest Jordan i just read your blog.

My heart goes out to you. I think i was one of the first to read your newbie post on here and my heart went out to you then too...only 19 and dealing with all this. I have a son older than you and think of him at 19...my oh my give your mum a hug from me too. I know she hasn't got your pain or to live your struggles but she will have a different hurt...the hurt of a mum who so wants her son to have all the good things in life.

You right eloquently about how it feels deep in your soul to have this illness...all the emotions, all the dark places in your mind, how we examine its impact on the people we love and our relationships....all the things you should not have to do at your age.

You sound like an amazing young man. I will follow your blog

Thank you so much willow for your thoughts, I'm glad you will follow. Its a nice way for me to express myself and get a lot off my chest of how I feel since it is not always easy to talk about. haha I will also give my mom a hug for you! I hope that this blog takes off just so people who do go through this can relate as well help them communicate with others.

Hi Jordan, sorry you have to put up with this painful complicated condition. Just wanted to say, IMO, using cannabis in it's natural form is so much better than a pharma produced form (marinol). Now you don't have to necessarily smoke it; you can use CBD capsules ( non psychotropic ), tinctures or edibles.
I don't care to smoke and don't want to get high so use CBD's. Helps me with pain, anxiety and sleep. Depression: haven't solved that yet.

Interesting article about meds vs cannibis

Sorry But No Links Are Allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marinol is a derivative of marijuana. It is one of the 60-70corone found in marijuana. Marinol has only one active component D-9 THC. When it is isolated from a plant, other ingredients are lost including those with buffering effects against straight THC. This buffering effect is what makes Chinese medicine effective and consists of mixtures of drugs. It is used as a pain reliever and improves sleep. Marinol is expensive and gets into the blood stream through metabolism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back