DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
USA
State
Colorado
Hi there,

Long story short - I've been dealing with debilitating pain, fatigue, etc., etc. since 2007. But was just officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia last week. I recently moved to Colorado and need to find a good doctor who helps with (or at least understands/is sympathetic to) fibromyalgia near Denver.

This is my first time here but also my first time using a forum so please let me know if I should be asking this elsewhere or doing things differently!

It's been a long, really hard journey for me but, now, with an official diagnosis, I'm hoping I can start to get some proper help. I just need to know who to see!

Thanks so much :)

jaminhealth

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
Hi to CO from CA. I'm one of the rare ones here I suppose who don't really see docs for FM. I had been seeking thyroid help for over 10 yrs and went to a different endo in 1999 and he said your thyroid is fine, but you have FM. I had never heard that term FM. I still question that diagnosed I was given. I worked long and hard and without drugs, except ibuprofen and opiats when I went thru a messy hip replacement. I've addressed everything: thyroid, adrenals, hormones and after those 10 yrs of not getting my thyroid help and taking anti depressants for those years, I'm off all A/D's and thyroid support since 2002.

My "healing work" has been thru support groups and talk to many people and dr google. I see only an integrative MD as conventional MD's and I just don't see eye to eye on healing techniques.

I hope I'm still alive when I can walk into a cannibus store like I can walk into a liquor store and buy cannibus products, I'd go right for cannibus oil for rubbing on joints. I'm not into smoking.

I'm a strong believer that thyroid dsyfunction is connected to the FM issues.. Good luck and hopefully someone can give you help on an MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.