foggy

Diagnosis
3/1996
Country
US
State
California
Hello all!

Really nice forum for those of us who suffer from this "mysterious" illness. :confused: Looking for a new doctor after my old one retired.

Not an easy task to say the least. :(

dcloutier

Diagnosis
10/2005
Country
US
State
IL
Hi foggy! I'm new here too! Hope you find some people to connect with here. Good luck finding a new doctor, I know how frustrating that can be. I've struggled for YEARS with that! Got amazingly lucky when I moved to Chicago. Picked a family doctor close to the house, based the decision strictly on location for lack of a better option, and found an amazing doctors who's helped with referrals and medications tremendously! I wish the same luck for you!

foggy

Diagnosis
3/1996
Country
US
State
California
Hi foggy! I'm new here too! Hope you find some people to connect with here. Good luck finding a new doctor, I know how frustrating that can be. I've struggled for YEARS with that! Got amazingly lucky when I moved to Chicago. Picked a family doctor close to the house, based the decision strictly on location for lack of a better option, and found an amazing doctors who's helped with referrals and medications tremendously! I wish the same luck for you!
Thank you, dcloutier! I too had a fantastic doctor for many years but he retired. I will be seeing a new internist (that is what my former doctor was) tomorrow. I know it is important to establish a relationship with one's doctors but, there are physicians out there who don't always acknowledge Fibromyalgia as a real condition. That is difficult for all of us. Because for us -- it is very real. :(

Libragirl67

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
us
State
michigan
Hi Foggy, I am also new here. I do really appreciate forums like this. They not only let you know you are not alone. They are quite informative and enlightening. I hope you find a new doctor soon who really understands you.

suadela

Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
US
State
KY
hello!
I am blessed to be marrying into a family that has a Dr in the family. I trust him and he was actually the one to take the time to look over my last 5 years of medical history and do an exam. He diagnosed me after a couple visits and bloodwork. He said its crazy that my previous Dr hadn't even considered this as a diagnosis...

Good luck in finding a good Dr that will take care of your needs and pay attention to the current research on the disorder!

1sweed

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1995
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forum foggy, I will look forward to reading your posts. I am kind of new here as well, but have found a lot of kind and goodhearted folks here willing to share ideas on dealing with fibro. Hope you stay around and post a lot so we can all get to know you better.
Look around the topics and start writing your opinions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.