DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2004
Country
US
State
NY
Hi,
I am new to this support group. I have Severe Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and in addition a Chronic pain problem that hasn't been diagnosed, isn't related to fibromyalgia and started over a year ago. I have had these illnesses since 2004. In 2007 I had to quit my job as I went from a higher position to a lower one to reduce stress, then went full time to part time and my doctor kept saying I needed to quit as my pain was unmanageable.

I am now on permanent disability and can hopefully help others who need help in applying for SSD. I have a very supportive family, my brother moved to Pennsylvania awhile back and I can't visit lately because the pain and exhaustion costs me too much. My husband does a lot of the cleaning as I have a hard time with that and my mom helps as well. It has been leaving me pretty down as I love to cook, clean my home and feel productive.

I still need support after all these years because I've progressed, and hate feeling pretty useless. I believe if I could cure this other chronic pain condition I could do more around the house and that would really help my self-esteem. I am a helper, want to do things for others, my family, friends, and those who are going through things related to chronic pain, fibromyalgia, and CFS. Being supportive helps me feel useful.
Thanks for listening,
Kristine

dear Christina you sound just like me. I use all the exact things cooking cleaning gardening and even with fibro could do a lot until the last year when my fibro went nuts and pain is rampant day and night and weakness meand making a drink or a hot water bottle and back to bed is all i can do.

Its a nightmare and my self esteem is also tied up with achieving things helping others looking after my family etc and even with fibro since 2007 i could do so much by pacing resting with some bad days but some good ones too.

It is so hard I feel for you. Take CARE and wishing you better days ahead x

Hi Willow,
Thanks for the Welcome. I love gardening too. It was just last year that I had to stop. I felt so much peace digging in the dirt and making something so pretty. Now I can't do a thing except buy hanging baskets in the summer. Miss it so much. I cooked and made fudge for my husband two nights ago.

Its so hard as my husband has to cook for himself now and I just wanted to do something nice since he does so much for me, cleaning the house, running errands, etc. But, I surely paid for it. Icing, trying what ever meds I hoped would help but none did and then I had to use the heating pad and some patches. This pain is the unidentified pain, but I am so hoping that the right doctor will take the time to examine me, thoroughly, not one has done so.They just all do the basics and refer me somewhere else. I hope things get better for both of us.
Kristine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back