Not open for further replies.

ahteach

Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
CA
Hi! I was just diagnosed with Fibro a month ago by one Dr and confirmed yesterday by my Family Physician. I've had this since I was a teenager and never was properly diagnosed. I'm 36 now! I figure, I haven't had any medicine in all these years, so I may as well go the natural route first, then try the meds. I've been living with excruciating pain and migraines this long, what's a few more months. My Dr. suggested doing this as well. She says the meds out there for Fibro aren't great, that the side effects usually make things worse for people like us rather than actually help, and that the pain or symptoms actually doesn't completely go away on these meds. I'll take any advice about natural remedies (not speaking of Medical MJ) and any advice you may have about the meds. The only med she did give me so far was a muscle relaxer because she said it may help sleep at night. I was relieved getting the diagnosis, but disappointed in reading everything about Fibro. It seems so bleak. After 22 years, I was hoping to finally get relief, but now I'm not so sure. Thanks for listening, and any advice you have for me will be much appreciated!

Have you personally tried yoga? It has been working for me to relieve any pain that I feel. My friends say the same thing. It helps to improve your breathing and puts your mind in a relaxed state. It helps you meditate a bit as well.

Hi there! I can really relate to a lot of the thing you mentioned in your post. I have also been suffering from fibro since i was a teenager (I'm 26 now), and I wasn't diagnosed until recently. I'm also trying to treat this in a very natural way, because I'm also afraid of all the possible side-effects those fibro meds could have on me. So far I'm trying with medical marijuana and it seems to be helping me a lot :)

It's also helping me to sleep and also good for my appetite ;) There are many things out there that can help you, to be honest I haven't investigated enough because I'm already investigating how to control another health issue I'm really struggling with right now.

How does medical marijuana work for you? And do doctors allow you to take it? I've heard it many times, but I've honestly not yet tried, unless of course my doctor recommends it. Any particular effect it has on you? And is it actually a variation of the pot that addicts would smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back