Not open for further replies.

domino113

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
my husband encouraged me to look up Dr Winfield whom I heard lecture years ago. That led me to this site. I think today I realized that I have been in denial. I have all the symptoms and am working. I am so afraid that people will think I am faking, or else know that I am not faking and want to get away from me. There is a lot of stigma. I was diagnosed many years ago but tried to discount it. So hi. this is the first time I did anything like this. I am used to being stoic or secretive, but this is kicking my butt. I never know from one day or hour to the next how I will feel. A coworker has fibromyalgia and picked up that I have it too. She is an exemplary person;I see her wax and wane and the sorrow in her eyes at times. She's like a mirror. I am not depressed, but i am confused and scared. I am afraid of not being able to support or care for myself. My family was cruel about this.

domino113,
First off welcome to the forum. You got lucky on your first attempt at reaching out for help. I know very much about the pain and heartache that goes with family members not believing the diagnosis is real and constantly want you to get a job and stop being lazy. But putting that aside, I want you to know that the other folks here care about you and the pain and problems that you face.

Your not alone anymore and hear this, we believe you. Fibromyalgia, is a hidden illness. Only you can feel and see the effects of it. The pain in the muscles that causes weakness and fatigue. The brain fog, as we call it when trying to think straight just leaves your mind blank. The weird feelings and headaches, that wipe away and thought of getting things done, we all have been there time and time again.
I want you to come here often and read the postings under pain management and many other topic's where people have offered up suggestions to help you manage symptoms.

Be sure to ask questions and we will help you as much as possible. I hope your day seems brighter after reading this and that you have a really good day, each day by telling yourself your not alone anymore. Look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)

Domino, welcome and you really are truly not alone.
In America alone there are so many people suffering this illness... around six million in fact.
That figure maybe more because as I have read and been involved in forums like this over the years, I have come to realize we are a stubborn secretive bunch.
Who want to hear some crotchety old fart complaining all day anyway right? And we don't want to loose our independence and dignity.
But somedays we just can't cut the mustard.
We don't want sympathy just a little understanding and once in a while a little help with the things we can no longer do.
There is loads of advice around some will work for you and some not so much. This seems to be a very taylor made condition.
The best advice of all is keep mobile as much as you can and do your best to stay positive and keep laughing.

Welcome Domino. People don't seen to use their names on this site LOL My name is Geraldine and I am also new to this site, only been her for about a week. I live in Manly west in sunny queensland, Australia only its not so sunny thees days as we are having a lot of rain the past few months. :) I'm suffering brain fog today so excuse me if I ramble. lol Will look forward to seeing you around, I try to come on this site every day but sometimes I forget and stay on facebook to long. :) Love my facebook games. lol Anyway welcome and hope you find the surport and understanding that I have in this site. :)

Domino, welcome and you really are truly not alone.
In America alone there are so many people suffering this illness... around six million in fact.
That figure maybe more because as I have read and been involved in forums like this over the years, I have come to realize we are a stubborn secretive bunch.
Who want to hear some crotchety old fart complaining all day anyway right? And we don't want to loose our independence and dignity.
But somedays we just can't cut the mustard.
We don't want sympathy just a little understanding and once in a while a little help with the things we can no longer do.
There is loads of advice around some will work for you and some not so much. This seems to be a very taylor made condition.
The best advice of all is keep mobile as much as you can and do your best to stay positive and keep laughing.
Thanks so very much for your kind response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back