Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
AK
Hello and thanks for having me. I have FMS and CFS. I was diagnosed not very long ago.

I have been reading that abuse (which I have endured from infancy until 21 - all forms: sexual abuse/multiple r*pes, severe psychological/verbal/emotional abuse, and severe physical abuse) can be a cause of FMS. I have many other disorders as a result of the adverse experiences (puting it mildly) that I've endured. I also read that these disorders (especially PTSD and MDD) are commonly connected with FMS.

I have been diagnosed with C-PTSD (complex post traumatic stress disorder) and MDD (major depressive disorder) as well as many other psych disorders and also have GERD and Reynaud's which seems to be linked with FMS as well. This just can't all be a coincidence. And it makes me really angry that I have to deal with all of this because of something that I had no choice over. It just doesn't seem fair. But hey, that's life.

Does anyone else have a history of abuse and have FMS/CFS? If you don't want to say I COMPLETELY understand. I'm just curious and trying to better understand this stuff. It's really tiring.

So here I am. I am wishing to talk to people who understand what chronic pain is like and also offer support and understanding to you all. Thanks for reading and have a blessed day everyone. :)

Last edited:
Oh and I hope it was okay saying what I did. Now I'm nervous.

hello, say what ever makes you happy. you never know what will help others. hang in there and thanks for caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back