Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
missouri
Just wanted to say hello.. I found this group from my doctors webpage.. while I was waiting for his nurse to get on the line. I work from home, and am in so much pain sitting for hours , especially at evening shift, that I had applied for the Americans disability... to offset the hours I was missing. The doctor had 3 weeks, or more so far, to turn in one paper, and because the nurse refused to fill it out, I am now up for termination from my job. This being said, I am single mother of many. and trying my hardest to raise a family on only my income, along with the exhaustion and constant pain. Honestly, I can't believe this nurse asked me what the issue was with working, when she knew I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. She actually said there was too much to fill out, and when I informed her it was one page, she still hasn't done it. Just now , she tried to say my phone is set up in Spanish voice mail.. OMG. I don't even have vm on my phone due to it being a work phone. All this being said.. I have no one that understands my pain, my sorry, my depression. how much I want to give up.. just stop working, stop trying. stop everything. . my pain has gotten increasingly worse.. and It never goes away.. all my doctor will put me on is tramadol, Xanax and some kind of muscle relaxer..which I can only take before I go to bed.. .and it leaves me more exhausted. and more depressed.. I just want to know if anyone else has worse pain toward the evening, and excruciating pain at night.. especially in leg area.. do I really have fibromyalgia. .or is he wrong.. ?

Welcome! Everyone has different symptoms it seems, but many seem to have worse symptoms at night. When I had my big flare up that led to my diagnosis, my hands, knees and back ached so bad at night I would cry myself to sleep. I'm doing quite a bit better now, but I'm also learning how to cope and somewhat how to avoid overdoing it and having flare ups. If sitting for long periods is painful, can you alternate between standing and sitting while you work?

As for the nurse...2 suggestions. First, have you spoken with doc about his terrible nurse? If you can't get to him by phone, does he have an email? Is it at a clinic where you could maybe speak with a clinic administrator? Second, can you take your many children and camp out in their office until she completes your paperwork? Maybe bring an extra form in case she lost the first one. If you haven't been able to talk to the doctor, this might get his attention.

This makes me mad. What an ignorant woman this nurse is! keep your head up. As my dad always says, don't get mad get even. Maybe a report to the better business bureau or the American Medical Association or the Americans with Disabilities. Even the threat of this might put a little fire under her bum!

Fight girl, fight! You've got babies to feed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back