Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2007
Country
US
State
Hawaii
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not really new to fibromyalgia. I am having some problems at the dentist lately that I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing. When I lay back for the cleaning I am okay for about 15 minutes, then I start to get short of breath and have pain in my abdomen and ribs. Then when they sit me up closer to horizontal I feel even worse and my Oxygen saturation goes down to 93% and I almost pass out. I did go to the ER. They found nothing wrong. They said panic attack, I didn't feel like a panic attack. I have no problems with the dentist and it was just a routine cleaning. I was in some pain before I went. That was in June of this year. I just went today(Oct. 10, 2015) The same thing almost happen but I stopped talking to conserve air and I sat up and rested sideways against the chair. I was still tired but not as bad. I need to have a tooth extracted and want to know if anybody as had an trip to the dentist like this? I may ask the Dr. to put me on O2 during the 'yankage' (it is an old root canal) what do you think?

oh man, that sounds really scary. I don't have that, but I do hate going to the dentist because I get a lot of lingering mouth pain after simple procedures. I hope you can find the answer to this puzzle!
-Sarah

Hi Sassykat,
I'm glad you joined this forum. There are a lot of good people on here... very supportive and helpful. I have issues with mouth sores and may need a root canal. I'll probably find out on Monday when I see my dentist again. I have not had any issues with my O2 levels dropping though. I like your idea of using O2 during your procedure but you should probably check with your dentist and let your rheumy know what's going on.
Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back