Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
OH
Hi, my name is Tammy, I am new to the group and have had fibromyalgia for about a year, I am still having a hard time accepting I have fibro, so I thought maybe it was time to get some support

Hi I have been diagnosed for a few years and I'm still having problems dealing with this thing called fibro. smh...I went to a ball last night and I felt pretty good mentally and thought I would get out of my comfort zone. So I went out and I had a good time but my body was beating me down one dance step at a time. Now here I am lying in bed mentally distraught because all I hear is keep moving and on a good when I can move freely without my cane and etch to enjoy being dressed up and relieve some stree this thing has come to deliver an instant blow that's gradually taking me from a 4 to an 8 in a matter of hours. I put in a good show cause I was to embarrassed to sit my behind down and I knew the way my body was acting once I set down and relaxed I was going to be reminded of yet another reason why I have stayed in the house and isolated myself from my family and friends. This thing is making me sick literally as well as figuratively. Meds help curb a few symptoms but that's about it, fibro likes to throw me its own curve balls constantly. Prayer and faith are keeping me hopeful these days when I'm able to focus on those things to keep my mind occupied. Fibro fog is a while not we beast. Well can't sleep and extremely frustrated by this thing and have to learn my limits and apparently dancing like I did last night is an absolute No No, at least u til I can understand fibro better and figure out how to live again without regrets from fibro. Anyway my brain starting to drag and won't be making much since in a few. One thing I'm learning is pre signs or symptoms of the fog, migraines, etc which j
Helps me manage better but this flare up coming on is more drastic and instant then usual as you can see it got me online seeking help and I have never register on any forum before but I need help. And hoping I can learn from the help of everyone here who has some experience or insight that can assist me

I was just diagnosed last week, so I have no real words of wisdom. I just wanted to let you know your know I understand what your feeling. I feel robbed, I want my life back, I want to feel good for a day, not dread laying down then dread getting up. All I have right now is hoping meds will relieve things enough that I will have more good days then bad. Maybe it's time to change/try new meds? Like I said I'm new to this so I'm not sure what practcle advice I could give but my heart goes out to you and I do wish I had more to give them to tell you your not alone.
Gentle hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back