Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
05/2007
Country
US
State
WA
So happy to have just found this! I have been suffering from this horrible disease since 2001 and finally diagnosed.
Been trying ANYTHING TO STOP THE PAIN!
I have found a new plant! It’s called devils club and my Alaska native friend showed me where it grows how to harvest it and how to make the salve!
I LOVE THIS STUFF! It works so well on the aches of FM and arthritis!
I do take pain meds, muscle relaxers, anti-depressants and all the rest of the stuff they give you to TRY to make you feel better.
I just wish they can find a cure!

Hello! Bulldogmamma, Welcome to the forum ☕ 🧁 I I like your profile picture! I take gabapentin for pain and I have ptsd (it’s getting better but I still struggle sometimes) is devils club a new thing? (I’ve heard of devils claw) yes, I also wish fibro would be gone forever too. 🦴🐶🦴

Last edited:
Hi there and welcome from me too, Bulldog mama.
Looking up Devil's club it's a different plant to Devil's claw, used traditionally by North American Natives for these reasons and with no medical research done as yet - so old and 'new' at the same time. Reminds me of Mumijo / Shilajit, an old traditional substance from Asia I tried a while, which no one even knows what it exactly is, there's a few theories based on what it's chemically composed of. Compared to that Devil's club is completely normal and it can now be bought/grown as an exotic plant here in Europe, weird and wonderful with big thorns and big leaves. I'd definitely try it if it were growing here. :)
Devil's claw is a name for 4 different plants which is confusing me, so I'm gonna stop there as I'm not really awake.

Last edited:
is devils club a new thing? (I’ve heard of devils claw)
Hi Bulldogmamma and welcome. I'm with Auriel. never heard of Devils Club until I googled it!:unsure:
I'm like yourself, had fibro for years but only recently diagnosed. I agree, I wish they could find a cure for fibro and many other horrible illnesses for that matter. Who knows what the future brings? (even if it's not in my lifetime!).
All I can say is that they're a lovely bunch on here and it really helps to talk to others suffering with the same illness, or to try and help others with experiences you've been through yourself. :)

Oh @fimi you’ve made me cry with that (I was having a weird morning anyway) devils club, sounds like a cool name for a biker bar or something? 😘🦋💚

Devils club is a very wicked plant for sure! It is NOT devils claw! It grows in Alaska, Canada, Washington (where I live), and Oregon. I hear it grows back in Minnesota around the boarder of Canada. You can make a tea out of it also! On you tube, there is a tlingit elder making it! Watch the video to learn about it.
I want to learn how to make to the so it’s easy for people to use! If it works like the salve I make, a jolly cup of tea on a wet and damp day that we have a lot of here in the pacific NorthWest, it will be another miracle from Mother Nature!

It’s ok jaycs filled us in on devils club (he googled it) 🌱 ☕🌱

Last edited:
I know Amazon sells the salve for $20 for a 2 oz tin. Don’t know what all of the ingredients are, mine are simple, olive oil, devils club, bees wax, shea butter ( pain reliever also) and some lavender essences.

I am NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING OR PROMISING ANYTHING TO ANYONE ABOUT A CURE! I am just excited to have found a natural product that works for me and is NOT A DRUG OR CHEMICAL!
I have been in so much pain for so long and it’s just something I wanted to share and pass on to others! Please do not get the wrong idea about my posts!
Like I said Amazon sells the salve for $20 for a 2 oz tin and I do not know what is in it! I just want EVERYONE WHO HURTS to try this amazing stuff to see if it can help them. JUST SHARING INFO!
I don’t want to get into trouble!!! I am so glad I found this forum and have other people to talk to because my family is tired of hearing about it.😢

Sounds nice , a pain relief with a whole bunch of yummy things in it is fine by me! 👍🏻

It’s ok bulldog mamma I kinda did the same when I found a peppermint scented pain moisturiser (I got really exited!) I wanted to tell everyone on here,(I was starting to worry I was sounding like I was commissioning) but it’s good to share what you’ve found it’s one of the things I like about our community 🌟🧚🏻‍♀️🌟

Hi Bulldog mama! After 5 years of a bedridden illness, I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. It is very difficult to just walk! I am looking forward to tips, advice and just general talk of one's dealing with such illness. By the way, I use to have an English Bulldog...Love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back