New member…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Auriel for the welcome! I am looking forward to ideas, suggestions and all information that can assist with our quality of life!

Lizlove we’ll try our best for you
🙏🏻😇 💛

I recently had to look up Cat’s Claw and they just meant Arnica. I discovered Sub Zero gel sold which has that and menthol as ingredients and it helps for some of pain.

I think I’ve tried subzero gel before ,@DebMarPir (or something like it, it had a roller ball) who woulda thought arnica has another name! a quirky one too! I always thought arnica was arnica😮🙃🙂

I recently had to look up Cat’s Claw and they just meant Arnica.
Ah, I thought I was gonna get around delving into cat's claw, but any company claiming it's arnica is throwing a gauntlet at me personally⚔️, so I have to. 😜🤺.

Wikipedia names 10 "cat's claw" plants, the 3 called uncaria are all used in traditional medicine, the one of these we know / use is Uncaria tomentosa. So I'm 100% sure arnica here is "uncaria" misread!
Used for immune system, inflammation (& Alzheimer), side effects (rarely) headaches, dizziness, vomiting.

Just realized the 4 sorts on the previous thread-page was devil's claw, not cat's claw.
The devil's claw used as a medical herb (inflammation, lower back pain, gut; side effects diarrhea & skin) is Harpagophytum (procumbens).

@Auriel: how about these (right) alternative names for arnica for quirkiness: "Arnica is also known by the names mountain tobacco and confusingly, leopard's bane and wolfsbane—two names that it shares with the entirely unrelated genus Aconitum." Now probably better than me you'll know the metal/hard group Wolfsbane from the 80s/90s (singer went on to Maiden) named after it.... 🐺 Leopardsbane is still waiting to be taken 🐆. But may be confused with Def Leppard, my wife just added.

Last edited:
Information OVERLOAD! @JayCS I am loving this today learning all these new things (and yes wolfsbane did pop into my head for an entirely different reason : ) ) also thankyou you gave me my 1st giggle of the day (never in my time of messaging have I ever seen someone fencing a giant emoji😆) cool information and giggles, (you can’t go wrong) 🤯😁🥰

wolfsbane did pop into my head for an entirely different reason : )
You're not letting me clock off, are you... 😄 - Lemme guess: "Lone Wolf fantasy book"? (Or one of 4 other novels? Or Peter Pevensie's "knighthood"?) Will we ever find out? 🕵️‍♂️ And we're still sort of talking about arnica... (a herb I use most days)... 🌿
1st giggle of the day
That's what we're here for, innit? (Seen the Def Leppard aside in the edit of above post?)

Last edited:
Um, not really sure what to respond except as I said the label says “cat’s claw.” I did a Google to figure out what it was. Arnica came up. Cat’s claw seems ambiguous to me as a medical terminology. That’s all I can tell you. It’s used in sub zero gel and I find it helpful for achey joints. End of my story here.

No @JayCS it’s was the wolfsbane band thing you were right (that’s what popped into my head first!) but when you was wracking your brain to what I meant I was just finding it pee funny I just wanted to keep it going a bit longer 😂

I was just finding it pee funny I just wanted to keep it going a bit longer 😂
So you mean all these 2 weeks you've been sniggering and w yourself...
whilst I've been doing daily Zen meditations on what it might've been?
And now the big showdown revealing that I was right all along... success success! :🏆✌️
Or... are you... maybe... just saying that to "humour" 😏 me... :cool: 🤠 🔫 Here I go again... 🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back