Not open for further replies.

fibrogav

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2022
Country
UK
Hi all. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I also have osteoarthritis in many joints. I am joining this forum to help gain an understanding of fibromyalgia and any help and advise available.

Welcome @fibrogav - glad you found us.

I too also have osteoarthritis - is the worst in my neck, lumbar spine and hands, but is also in most other joints as well.
I also am being treated for hypothyroidism (finally) as of this past Wednesday.

There is lots of great info here, and plenty of folks to offer support and try to answer questions if we can.

Greetings, @fibrogav .

I like to refer all newcomers to the post I made with advice for managing fibro, just in case there's something in it you find useful.

This is a supportive forum where we all try to help each other in a safe and ffriendly environment. I hope you find the forum useful.

Hi Fibrogav, welcome , ☕🍰 , i have osteo also (it comes a challenge in the cold times, not sure if your the same) yeah fibro is a strange one, we've all tried different things from adding supplements to taking/limiting certain foods (sugar gluten caffeine) I've had to try and test things out to see of it makes a difference

Last edited:
Hi @Auriel thanks for the reply. Yes definitely the cold weather does heighten the pain of osteoarthritis. The things I am struggling with at the moment with fibromyalgia are fatigue and the weird patches of numbness around the body. I have had fatigue for a number of years, but I always put it down to the osteoarthritis. I suppose it's all connected.

Hi @Auriel thanks for the reply. Yes definitely the cold weather does heighten the pain of osteoarthritis. The things I am struggling with at the moment with fibromyalgia are fatigue and the weird patches of numbness around the body. I have had fatigue for a number of years, but I always put it down to the osteoarthritis. I suppose it's all connected.
Welcome 😊 i can share that i also have reduced surface sensation in various areas of my body, some are constant others come and go with my flare ups.
I personally feel that everyones fibro journey is unique and having people to bounce ideas off is immensely helpful, but as Auriel said in many ways its trial and error and finding those things that help you, its different for everyone and what things may or may not help is different for many of us. I think personally its also important to remember its about a multifaceted response, by that i mean, you may find that one or two things will help immensely and if thats the case im stoked for you, what i have found is multiple things helping just a little that adds up to make a difference even if its slight, it all helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back