Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannii powell

Hi Everyone
I’ve been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I feel like I’m just going around in circles my doctors are not very helpful and just want to prescribe drugs, which I feel are a total waste of time. I’m now on my 4th type of drug and it’s worse than when it first started. I just wanted to get to know people like me with the same symptoms and get some feedback on how other people were dealing with there diagnosis.

Hi Dannii, and welcome.

For a lot of us, drugs just dont do anything, or, as you have noted, tend to make things worse.
There is an excellent post with loads of advice on things you can try on your own in the general forums - see here: My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)

Lots of great, helpful people here to bounce ideas off of or simply chat with.

Hi Dannii, welcome to the forum. As cookiebaker says, there are many things you can do to help yourself without using drugs. I wrote the post linked to above, and I wrote it because I went through the drug route and found that they either didn't help or were addictive, and decided to take matters of my health into my own hands and make a commitment to treat my body myself. It has made all the difference, and got me my life back again. Not what it used to be, but a lot better than it was when I was depending on drugs.

Ask any questions you have, and we will do our best to help. There is a lot of information here and there are a lot of people to support you.

Hi dannii, welcome to the forum!
☕🍰, yeah, sadly, that's what they do (I know they put me on different anxiety, antidepressants, anti seizure meds and muscle relaxants when I was at my guinea pig stage) they might send you to a pain management clinic? but the good thing is they're acknowledging that you've got it (I don't know if you've had any experiences with any of them saying you're imagining it cos it's cruel if they did ) I've found certain food/drink trigger's with mine, cold weather, stress, lack of sleep, but the drs really don't know how to fix it and the usual standard practice is giving lotions potions and creams, adapting, seeing if anything makes it better (taking out what makes it worse) I take gabapentin (best of a bad bunch, the rest were either useless or had horrible side effects) that's all I can think of for now, and do whatever you can to keep yourself feeling positive (cos having this can bring you down,)
🪻🧚🏼‍♀️🪻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back