Status
Not open for further replies.

Laika

Hello everyone. I am a new member. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 3 months ago and I am still learning a lot about it. Needless to say, I am learning more about how it affects my body. I had been fortunate in early February to have two medications working for my pain although not for my fatigue; however, I got sick with Covid for the first time and now nothing seems to work. I am back to square one with lost of pain and extreme fatigue. Like many of you, I need to work so the demands put an extra stress on my body and mind. I hope we can all share tips of what have work for you; because maybe one tip could help one person. I am a strong believer in mental health and I will began looking for talk support groups and individual therapy to complement medication and physical therapy. Wish me luck and I look forward to chat with many of you…I wish you many days free of pain and a lots of energy ❤️

Hi Laika, and welcome!

sounds like you have a pretty good understanding of what is going on... just need to learn new ways of coping with certain aspects.
There is a LOT of great advice posted around here..

Curious, you say since you had covid, the medications are no longer working - have you talked to your doctor about this? Perhaps he/she can suggest an alternative that might work for you?
Unfortunately, for a lot of us, medications do no good at all... but they do help others, so it is worth at least asking your doctor about a possible change. Just try to stay away from the opioid types if at all possible.

Hello Cookiebaker, I did talk to my dr and he increased the dosage of my medications. He said that covid tends to cause havoc to people with fibromyalgia. We are giving. the new dosage a chance before deciding to change medications. I had a bad flare up that required a shot for the pain that only worked for a day, but at least I was able to sleep well for one night. Now it is just a waiting time.

Hi Laika, and welcome to the forum. You will find informative and supportive people here.
For some of the tips you'd like to have, please see my post on advice for managing fibromyalgia.
Ask any questions you like; we are here to support each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back