Not open for further replies.

Sgtfirstwife

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Missouri
Hello, I am new here, but not new to fibromyalgia. I suffer from CF, Fibro, CP, HPT, and other ailments. I have been doing fairly well then my husband retired and we moved to Missouri. Then my nightmare began. I am unable to find a doctor to treat my pain, my first mistake was being honest with my PCP. I take narcotics for pain. I have never abused them, never asked for something stronger, or asked for an early refill. My PCP immediately labeled me a drug seeking person. Told me Fibro is bogus and basically she was not going to help me, so now I have a very limited supply of meds left and no where to turn. I have called many offices, but no luck, I hope that some one on here might know of a good understanding primary care doctor in the Columbia , Jefferson City area. Any help would be appreciated.

This is an awful situation that you're in and sadly not an uncommon experience for many of us. Have you googled to see if there's a local fibromyalgia group in the area or state? Or at least one that's similar to your needs? I find that these groups are a great resource.

I hope somebody on here is able to offer some assistance too.

I can't help you, but I am sure someone will come along with the answer you need. In the mean time welcome to the forum. By reading some of the back posts in the pain management section you might find some new coping skills that will help you until you find an understanding doctor. Have you tried to find a free clinic or government run clinic where most doctors are a bit more understanding about such matters?

That would be terrible to be labeled as a drug seeker, when you have had the script for your medication before hand. Even I would search for a new doctor if someone said that to me. I hope you find someone soon.

Please visit here often and post more. See you on the forum. :)

Hi,
I just became a member today and saw your post. I have fibromyalgia. I live in Sparta, MO, close to Springfield and Branson, MO. I am like you, take narcotic pain meds and do not abuse them. My PCP is very understanding, and is the Dr that prescribes my pain medication. He was the one that diagnosed me and sent me to a rhem. in Springfield, MO. I think you might have a better chance of finding a Dr in Springfield, since it is a larger city. With Columbia having a teaching hospital, you might find a Dr there. Good luck, I wasn't much help, but at least you know you are not alone in MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back