Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
West sussex
Hi everyone.
I'm new here, I'm from the UK. I've not been diagnosed, just in the early processes.
I'm 30 and if what the docs suggest is right, I've suffered the symptoms of fibro for nearly 20 years. I believe there is a juvenile version of the condition?
Always told it was growing pains.. Until diagnosed with hypermobility, later diagnosed with poor body alignment, anxiety, depression...
I'm struggling big time.. 30 in an 80 year olds body. I work in the care sector, have done for years.. Almost felt the need just for perspective. Is it all in my head!
Could never understand how I've always tried my hardest and I never get anywhere.. Others don't seem to find life this hard.. I must be lazy? Crazy? Weak?
My body feels like it could be so strong... But something lets me down :(
Wonderful husband, two great kids and I just don't feel like I'm living how they need me to.
I'm all in my own head, feeling selfish and quite alone...
Just wanted to get that out there x

I recently joined here to find advice and to vent. Fibromyalgia tends to make us feel old beyond our years, but it also makes us survivors because we go through so much, but continue to give so much of ourselves to others. We never give up, we may feel frustrated, let down or exhausted from everything we deal with. But at the end of the day we never give up we keep looking for answers and find ways to cope. Just remember who your are and don't let this disease consume your life. Be strong, have faith and help others its a good motto to have and it can keep your head above the water when you feel like you can't possibly endure any more pain. In a house of all men who by the way are extremely competitive I find it hard to keep up and over do it a lot. They don't understand fully what it is that I go through so its nice to have found people on here who can relate, who do understand. It helps because then you know your not alone.

Sibbysymptoms, first welcome to the site. i totally understand about the 30 in an 80 yr old body. i felt the same way when i was 18 yrs old. i was told by a friend that i was beginning to do things like i was 80 yrs old. i do hope they find what the issue is with your body. it may not be fibro at all. you have many tests to go through before they call it fibro. hang in there. there are 2 posts i want you to read. under general discussions, "starting a daily log book and why it helps". start this asap so you and your doctor can come up with a treatment plan. next see what is fibromyalgia?. this will let you and your family learn about your pains. try the clothes pins so they understand. do only what you can and don't over do it as you will pay for it later.

i wish you well and may you have a pain free day soon.

Thank you, that's a good way to look at it. I'm having good days and bad days. I hope you're getting some understanding at home :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back