DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2022
Country
US
State
VA
Hey yall
So I'm experiencing some nose bleeds. I tried to do some research and it looks like half says fibro can cause them and half say fibro meds can cause them. So I'm coming to you guys cuss who would know better than other fibro warriors? So nose bleeds do you get them? Did or do meds make them worse? The only actual prescription med I'm on for it is Cymbalta. But I do take supplements.
Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Chance, None of us can tell you if your nosebleeds have anything to do with fibro or not. You need to go and see a doctor for that. One thing about having fibro is that we tend to assume any new problem is related to the fibro because fibro causes so many different things. But every time you get something new happening it is imperative that you consult with your doctor on that new thing, because if it is not related to the fibro it needs its own treatment and you need to know what is going on.

So of course folks here can tell you if they get nosebleeds or not. But that will not help you, because your body is unique and you need to find out what is causing it in your own body. See a doctor and let us know how it goes.

Hey yall
So I'm experiencing some nose bleeds. I tried to do some research and it looks like half says fibro can cause them and half say fibro meds can cause them. So I'm coming to you guys cuss who would know better than other fibro warriors? So nose bleeds do you get them? Did or do meds make them worse? The only actual prescription med I'm on for it is Cymbalta. But I do take supplements.
Thanks in advance!!!
Hi chance,
I can't imagine nose bleeds being due to fibro, and if you've found people saying this I'd suggest it's coincidental association, and not causation. Backing this up searching this on the forums there was absolutely no one thinking it came from fibro, except @Jemima suggesting it might come from general dryness (sicca syndrome) a while back.
But duloxetine/Cymbalta and other NSAIDs do thin the blood increasing blood flow, as do the supps arginine, B3, NAC, omega 3, CoQ10, resveratrol, rhodiola, serrapeptase, ALA, flaxseed, PLC, pine bark, PEA, praps feverfew. And I seem to have got 2-3 nose bleeds when first starting GABA as I just found I'd shared here last year, but I can nothing to support why it would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back