Not open for further replies.

TinaL

Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
CA
State
BC
Hi everyone I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with pins and needles feelings in legs when showering? I was feeling good yesterday so thought I would have a shower but the minute the water hit my legs I had pins and needles that lasted all day and is still there a little. This is new to me and I am wondering is it related to fibro? Any suggestions/comments welcome, thank you.

TinaL,
Hi, I think you will find as time goes on that weird symptoms will pop up out of the blue, like the pins and needles, feeling that has no real clue on why it is happening. Although, doctor's tell you fibro has to do with the muscles it also irrates nerves. I have had the pins and needles feelings in my legs as well as, other weird symptoms that make you worry and sometimes panic, for a time and when you go to tell the doctor they vanish and leave you looking or feeling foolish for your concern. If the symptom continues please do mention it to your doctor. Sometimes things are clues to your condition and other times I think our bodies like playing tricks or games with us to make us think we are losing it. :)

Please let us know if anything comes of it when you mention it to your doctor. That way if anyone else has this symptom happen to them, your experience will give them a game plan on what to do or if any testing needs to be done. thanks for sharing!

I get that sometimes, whether I'm in the shower or not. I haven't been diagnosed with fibro so I can't really say it's officially a symptom. I suspect I probably have some post-viral stuff going on. I have splotchy numbness in my legs that comes and goes, and you just have to get used to it.

I opt to take more bathes and wear pants when my legs are giving me trouble. Have your b-12 checked if you haven't and take supplements. Folic acid, b-12, b-6, all good for your skin AND nerves!

Also, like aforementioned said, bring it up to a doctor if it bothers you.

I am not sure if it is a coincidence that it occured in the shower or not. Maybe it was the hot water that made your nerve endings react. But I do know it seems common with fibromyalgia. I can totally relate to the numbness in the legs and in the hands and arms as well. I would recomend trying more pottasium and iron as well as the other vitamins mentioned.

Maybe for right now it would not be a bad idea to take baths instead of a shower. Just in case your nerves are being hyper sensitive right now.

I opt to take more bathes and wear pants when my legs are giving me trouble. Have your b-12 checked if you haven't and take supplements. Folic acid, b-12, b-6, all good for your skin AND nerves!

I have to second this... please ask your doctor about B12 because not having a sufficient amount can cause some pretty drastic problems, including non-diabetic Neuropathy. It's one of those vital vitamins that we may not be getting enough of with food intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back