Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
Hello all, As a fairly new member here, I posted for the first time a few weeks back about acute rib pain upon waking and all over muscle stiffness. At 66 I wondered if it was just a result of aging, arthritis, etc. But given a lifetime of auto immune type issues, chronic fatigue, etc. and because the rib pain was sudden onset, I wondered if the rib pain was fibro, and I have learned here from several of you that rib pain is common. But..the rib pain has eased and two weeks ago my left eye began twitching along with jaw pain. Just yesterday, my groin started aching and I had pain while walking. Again, at 66 with thinning bones and osteoporosis, I worry about hip pain/fracture. But could fibromyalgia now be causing this groin discomfort?! It is difficult to know what to think, what to do, who to see. Has anyone else experienced any of these recent symptoms I’ve mentioned? This ”flood” of new symptoms seems odd and I wonder too if the stress we are all experiencing exacerbates any potential fibro pain. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. It feels good to have a place to visit and not feel alone or like a worry wart!

This ”flood” of new symptoms seems odd and I wonder too if the stress we are all experiencing exacerbates any potential fibro pain. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. It feels good to have a place to visit and not feel alone or like a worry wart!
Hi Poppy, the thing about fibromyalgia is that there are so many symptoms associated with it that you can almost always find someone with FM who has had the same symptom you have.

However, the other side to that is that just because you have FM doesn't mean that every new symptom is caused by or even associated with FM! that's why it is important to get any new symptom, especially if it comes on suddenly, checked out by a medical professional, in case it is something else, because no one here can tell you whether it's FM or not, and you may make a mistake by assuming that it is.

As for stress...........no need to wonder about that! It is a fact that stress exacerbates most health conditions, and that is especially true of FM. It's highly important to do all you can to manage stress of all kinds. This past year that has been especially difficult for most people, which means we need to be even more dedicated to doing everything we can to stop ourselves from worrying and stressing out about things.

I agree with Sunkacola you should get the new symptoms checked especially the groin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back