New symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a time when you need to, because your health and your quality of life are at stake.

It is VERY HARD, and we shouldn't have to do it at all - healthcare should be available to everyone!
AMEN!!
the state of healthcare in the US is a friggin' joke, pardon my language. But, i wont go all political, that is a no-no... both for forums and my state of mind!

And like you, Sunkacola, I would do anything for my furbabies.. they are just as important to me as my partner is. If it means making dozens of phone calls to find something one of them needs, then that is what happens.

Where I live, we have a very large clinic, with over 80 specialties, and attached to a hospital (no, not Mayo).. but even this monster of healthcare can make provisions for those that have financial difficulties.. all you have to do is ask.. most people dont realize that help is available because it is not openly advertised... but if you talk to them, they can set you up on a sliding scale for payment so you can get needed healthcare.

getting what you need sadly just seems to be getting harder.
yeah, unfortunately i would have to agree
Whilst we or at least you may be having "7" "skinny" years in an unfavourable area, like A....frica ;), or time/century ;), it's - of course, like you @cookiebaker imply - good to beware that negative thinking fuels our demotivation, sadness and anxiety.
So "seems" is helpful - there's the perspective part, something to hold on to & mean.

Again I feel it important to keep reminding us that it may be helpful to moan & grieve, but even more to then practice 'serenity' & calmly keep going. Hope that's OK 👐

Now...if it's to protect my furbabies...I somehow turn into a Lion! 🦁 ... allbeit a bit of an anxious one...check out the one in the Wizard of OZ...
Put em' up!... Put em' up!...hahaha!! 🤣😂
Well, there you go, use that to advantage... 🦁
pretend the phone calls you are making are for your furbabies... get it done!

and even tho i do this myself a lot.. dont spend too much time thinking about it.. just do it. I know for me, if I think about it too much, I wont do it, or I put it off until another time, and that is bad.

pretend the phone calls you are making are for your furbabies... get it done!
Cookiebaker...I hear what your saying...but I've been getting it done for most of my life...I've had no other choice. What I'm saying, (and I refer back to sunkacola's post regards being persistent), is that it's much much harder for some people to do this. I know many people dislike confrontation and find it difficult - I get that. But (and I mean this with the best intentions) telling someone with severe anxiety / depression to get it done, is like telling someone having a full on fibro flare to go run a marathon! 😔

Some people with mental health issue's are constantly running that marathon ... just to get through.

Again I feel it important to keep reminding us that it may be helpful to moan & grieve, but even more to then practice 'serenity' & calmly keep going.

JayCS...hopefully you don't specifically mean me, seeing as you highlighted my post! I'm the last person to moan and grieve, doesn't get you anywhere 😎 In fact I 'd say I've held too much in!!
But it does help to chat about things ...:)

Last edited:
JayCS...hopefully you don't specifically mean me, seeing as you highlighted my post! I'm the last person to moan and grieve, doesn't get you anywhere 😎 In fact I 'd say I've held too much in!!
No, I don't know you like that at all, cookiebaker neither! 👐 In fact, I actually do think it possibly necessary for a very short time for our mental hygiene to do so, see my giant thread about self-motivation, grieving etc.. And I was sad for a week after the fibro diagnosis, altho I thought it was coming, and after the high lipids diagnosis, not at all thinking that was coming. More than justified.
The connection I meant here was that it's OK to 'moan' (yeah, exaggerating) "sadly it seems to be getting harder". But without specification that might be misinterpreted by someone depressive to feel it means everywhere, all the time, for everyone, for everything. I so often hear phrases like this, with people gladly chiming in turning it into something completely different to what was originally meant. So I actually - I think - never say a phrase like that, try to at least. And here I was just wanting to make sure it doesn't "take anyone down". Due to the Ukraine war many things will be getting much harder here where I live in the next few years, for most people and specifically financially, which will include the health system. But part of it is that we are no longer used to inflation, whilst I grew up with high inflation as a kid, so it's again a lot to do with our mindset. And still we're better off than we "used to be" in many many respects, including medicine.

I literally had the same thing happen to me. I saw an Rheumatologist (Dr) & tests were inconclusive but he said it's a convective tissue disease. My mom had & my sis has R.A. Celebrex helped me a lot. Plus RA Dr gave me injection into the neniscus helped a lot too. Injections into joint itself did NOT help. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back