Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2023
Country
US
State
VA
I just got diagnosed a few months ago with fibromyalgia, trying to cope and deal with this new me

Hi MARINEMONNY, and welcome to the forum.
A good place to start for some coping suggestions is this:

This is a safe place where you can ask questions, tell about your experiences and hear about other's experiences, and get information. I hope the forum is helpful to you.

Thank you so much. I’m so scared. It is so hard to leave the house. I feel like there is no end. But I have Jesus in my life. I’m scared to eat now not knowing what to eat an is it right for me

I am sorry you are scared.
there is no need for fear, nothing terrible is going to happen to you just because you have fibromyalgia. It is not fatal or even progressive.

Can you tell me why it is hard to leave the house?

Don't be afraid to eat! If you read the post I recommended to you, it gives you directions on how to experiment with foods so you can find out what works best for you and what doesn't. Simply follow a methodical experimental path and you may (or my not) discover is there are foods that exacerbate your condition and then if you find things that make it worse you can cut them from your diet. This is simple.

Allowing yourself to become paralyzed by fear is 100% guaranteed to make your symptoms worse. Remember this: Information is Power.

The more information you have about this, the more power you have in this situation. So, start experimenting. Eat only healthy foods and experiment with which healthy foods are best for you. If you don't eat enough you will feel worse. If you go around always anxious or in fear you will feel worse. Take charge and hold your head up. Millions of people have fibromyalgia and we live our lives with it and learn how to manage it. You have found a good, supportive forum here with people who will be there for you and do what we can to help. Take advantage of that and know that you can do this.

If you have a faith that helps you, then that is great. And, I just need to let you know that because this is a multi-national and multi-faith/multi-belief forum we don't talk specifically about our religious beliefs or practices in order for everyone to feel comfortable and included in the forum.

We are here for you, and you are not alone.

Good Day, I’m afraid of the unknown. I have been trying to read an watch videos. But my brain really doesn’t work that well no more. Hard to read an understand anything no more. I have severe bipolar, anxiety, depression, Your words really helped yesterday, Today was the 1st no coffee. I’m listening to my body. Started eating good foods a week ago. Also was my first time taking a nap today. I’m still young 60 yrs old. I’m trying not to push myself so much. I have always done so much, a proud of myself. Now My body hurts 80% of the time. I have always worked In Management all my life. Sometimes 2-3 jobs, now I can’t remember if I showered, taking medicine, or burning up dinner, washing clothes 2 times without remembering to put the clothes in. But I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you

Hi Marinemommy, welcome to the forum
☕🥞, thats a good way of putting it (the new you)I'm glad you've accepted that things have changed (which is sad) but it's not the end it's just different?, I find the medicine taking a challenge (it's a bit scary cos you don't wanna miss, or take to many), glad you've joined hope you've been having an ok day
🤗💛🌼

Good Day, I’m afraid of the unknown. I have been trying to read an watch videos. But my brain really doesn’t work that well no more. Hard to read an understand anything no more. I have severe bipolar, anxiety, depression, Your words really helped yesterday, Today was the 1st no coffee. I’m listening to my body. Started eating good foods a week ago. Also was my first time taking a nap today. I’m still young 60 yrs old. I’m trying not to push myself so much. I have always done so much, a proud of myself. Now My body hurts 80% of the time. I have always worked In Management all my life. Sometimes 2-3 jobs, now I can’t remember if I showered, taking medicine, or burning up dinner, washing clothes 2 times without remembering to put the clothes in. But I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you
hello again............
Excellent that you are trying to avoid pushing yourself, as often that will backfire. You are in good company because many people with fibro have had very productive lives and been active before they developed the syndrome. I am certainly one, and I have had to work hard to find acceptance of the condition that my body has now, and to let go of the things I can no longer do. You still get to be proud of yourself, though. You can be very proud of all that you did in the past, even if you can't do all the same things now. And you can be proud of yourself for taking steps to find the ways that you can help yourself adjust to this and manage the fibro.

Fear of the unknown is fear of nothing because the unknown is just that....unknown. At 60 you probably know that you cannot tell what is around the next corner and, while it could be bad, it could also be really amazing and good. It is vitally important that you do everything you can to get that fear under control. See a therapist, get hypnotized, learn bio feedback, practice whatever kind of relaxation protocol you can, but start working on that right away because you are actively making things worse for yourself with your fear. Maybe anti-anxiety medication would be good for you......of course, I have no idea, and am just tossing out thoughts.

Keep reminding yourself that there is light and joy in the world and that you can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back