New to doing forums! I’m not sure I understand how this works. Can someone please help!

ldthacker17

Hi Everyone,
I’m new and I need help understanding how this forum works. I’m not sure what I am supposed to do. I’m very computer literate but I can’t seem to figure this one out too well. Can someone please help!
Thanks in advance!

JayCS

Legendary member
Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
Idthacker17 and welcome....

mixed messages here: you've done everything perfect, & are computer literate: What's the problem?

ldthacker17

I found it difficult figuring out how to start a new post. I kinda lucked into it somehow and now I can’t get back there. I hit ‘new post’ but it takes me to the forum feed and I don’t see a way to add my post from there. I must miss seeing something. Thanks for replying.

JayCS

Legendary member
Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
:) - I think I get it.
The button you're hitting is not 'new post', but 'new postS' (blue, with a flash of lightning symbol), taking you to the new posts that have been written by others.
Instead you want to start a new thread, the orange button to the right (with the "pencil on paper" symbol), see the pic attached... ;-)
You're of course right that you are at the same time creating a new "post", but a thread-starting one.... :cool:

Attachments

20.6 KB · Views: 2

JayCS

Legendary member
Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
I tried that to. This what it takes me too.
View attachment 3193View attachment 3193
Yep, that's right. These are subforum-options. Just click-select one you feel is most fitting and off you go...
The more meaningful the thread title, the easier everyone (incl. in web searches) can find it later.
I don't know if there really is a difference between selecting "Discussion" or "Question", as I hardly ever start threads.

ldthacker17

Oh wow! That’s easy! I didn’t realize I had to choose one. Makes perfect sense! Thanks so much for your help!! Have a great day!!!