Not open for further replies.

Blastor

Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
OH
Hi! I was diagnosed with Undefined Connective Tissue Disease, osteoarthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, and Fibromyalgia along with back and hip issues all in June and all at once! I woke up one day last winter feeling like this and it's never gone away. I have always been a very active and healthy person. Also married with 3 kids and I work part time.

Just last week I went to a new Rheumy for a 2nd opinion and hoping for a more specific diagnosed for my autoimmune disease. He called me yesterday and told me all labs came back completely normal now so all my issues must be fibro. So this is where I am, I can't do any of the things I love, my kids think I'm the worst mom in the world because we don't do the things we used to, and I'm just having a real hard time knowing I have to live like this for the rest of my life. I'm really not trying not to drown in self pity because I know so many of you feel the same way. I guess I just don't know how to deal with it. I really don't mean to sound so negative and I look forward to listening to others and maybe even helping someone else through it one day. Thank you all for being here :grin:

Blastor , welcome to the forum and hope that it helps you. It can all be overwhelming but you are not alone in this because we know how it feels when family just can not understand and don't know how to help. Remember that what you are going through requires an adjustment from not just you but also your family. Hang in there, and feel free to post as often as needed.

Hello nascarmike and thank you! I'm trying to figure it all out like the rest of you. I'm so glad I found this forum because it really does get lonely. Wishing you a pain free day!

Blastor,
Welcome to the forum. I understand what your saying about not being able to do the things you want to do. And when you have children it makes it all the harder to deal with. You can try to do things in a different way by having the children help you around the house and focus on new games and hobbies that are not as stressful and active. Things like learning to paint or nature walks, doing puzzles together or board games, where everyone has a good time with family fun. While being active and on the go you shared that adventure with them and now because of the pain and fatigue of fibro, you just can not keep up.

The main thing is keeping that family closeness going but in a slower fashion. Include fun easy things to eat and make them your main focus in enjoyment and laughter. This will raise your spirits and help ward off the depression.

When fibro first hit me I was truely lost. I had my own business and was working my way up in life, then fibro took it all away. I went through the grief stage on my own for quite sometime because family members could not see anything wrong and I was considered just lazy. So if you can motivate yourself to take life at a slower pace, you will still be able to provide quality time with your husband and children.

We know how much your hurting physically and mentally, and this forum provides answers to your questions and a place to voice your concerns about your life and this illness that robs us of our former life. I am glad you found us and hope to see more of your posts around the forum. :)

1sweed... thank you so much! It really means a lot and helps a lot too to know that others know how I feel and what I'm going through. It's definitely a game-changing disease. Have a beautiful and pain free day!

Hi friends my name is Jabeen Ali. i am new here i recently join this great community this is great forum to get information i read out all the threads on this forum and get pretty knowledge and also shared my knowledge in this forum....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back